Thread: 2019 NCAA Wrestling Championships 1st Round Comparisons

Default 2019 NCAA Wrestling Championships 1st Round Comparisons

Again, I'm gonna keep these on the blog so if there are any changes that need to be made (re-seeds/withdrawals/etc), then I'll only need to update 1 spot.

https://wrestlestat.wordpress.com/20...d-comparisons/

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2019 NCAA Wrestling Championships 1st Round Comparisons

I don't follow college wrestling enough to know how the brackets line up for our guys. Does anyone want to take a crack at it? Anybody draw a good path to AA?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I don't follow college wrestling enough to know how the brackets line up for our guys. Does anyone want to take a crack at it? Anybody draw a good path to AA?
    Fleetwood should have the best chance. The key will be to beat Pat Glory in the round of 16. At that point, he would just need to win one more match. He probably wouldn't beat Nick Piccininni in the quarters, but he should be favored in the wrestlebacks. There are other routes to get there, but they involve beating more established guys. It's also very hard to predict this tournament, because there are upsets everywhere.

I think Fogarty's best chance would come from beating Tyler Marinelli in the first round and then losing to Evan Wick in round of 16. I think he might have to go through guys like Ebed Jarrell, Te'shan Cambpell, and Isaaih White, which would not be easy, but I think it is possible.

Sykora and De La Riva probably have a good shot to win a match in the wrestlebacks, but it is going to be tough beyond that.

3 days to go!

If you like using the WrestleStat comparisons, we've created a "Hub" page that will be used throughout all of Nationals this year.

For each session, we'll be putting out these comparison pages, like the one linked above. Each time a new one gets released, we'll be updating this Hub page with the appropriate link.

This way, you guys/gals can just bookmark a single page, and get to all the comparisons that we come up with. Should make it real easy while there so you don't have to hunt through message board posts...

Here it is:

https://wrestlestat.wordpress.com/20...omparison-hub/

1st round comparisons have been updated to reflect the bracket change at 125.

Updated to reflect the re-draw at 285. Jake Gunning out, Jacob Aven in (plus seed shift from 33 thru 24)