Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saul Out at Ohio

Hybrid View

Default Re: Saul Out at Ohio

He made 2.5M in that time. He's set for life most likely.

Hope to see him back on his feet somewhere.

Saul Back. Co-Head Coaches $185k each.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post

2.5 million over 5 years is hardly set for life. Probably 1.5 million after taxes or 210k net per year for 5 years. If he continues to work he will be set for life though. 1.5 million wont last when your 46. Put it in the system for 20 years and you have FU money

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Sounds like Tim will be out at Nebraska with Hoiberg taking over.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Sounds like Tim will be out at Nebraska with Hoiberg taking over.
    Wow, could almost get the team back together...DR messing with fate.

Nice article about Saul - he's heading to Dayton to watch the Bison tomorrow. https://www.inforum.com/sports/99050...MbQwYg.twitter
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post

Why do people think just because in a few years a person makes a large sum of money. Saul in this case or Kyle Emmual they can be set up life?

In Saul's case. Made $2.5 million. Living in Ohio with state and federal taxes he nets $250k a year. House, young kids, etc. If he saved $250k he did well. When you make $500k, you have a $500k lifestyle.

Watch the movie Margin Call, set along the lines of the lehman brothers collapse. Employee was making $1.4 million a year. Young analysts at the firm thought he was rich and saved a pile of money and could survive the fall.

He goes on to explain, after taxes, housing, clothes, helping his parents and $78k of miscellanous expenses, which were mostly hookers, booze and blow, there isn't much left.

Not that I would expect Saul or Kyle Emmanual to be broke. But i would venture they will work because they have to.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Why do people think just because in a few years a person makes a large sum of money. Saul in this case or Kyle Emmual they can be set up life?

In Saul's case. Made $2.5 million. Living in Ohio with state and federal taxes he nets $250k a year. House, young kids, etc. If he saved $250k he did well. When you make $500k, you have a $500k lifestyle.

Watch the movie Margin Call, set along the lines of the lehman brothers collapse. Employee was making $1.4 million a year. Young analysts at the firm thought he was rich and saved a pile of money and could survive the fall.

He goes on to explain, after taxes, housing, clothes, helping his parents and $78k of miscellanous expenses, which were mostly hookers, booze and blow, there isn't much left.

Not that I would expect Saul or Kyle Emmanual to be broke. But i would venture they will work because they have to.
    I think there are different levels of "set for life". I was once told that in order to make any meaningful changes to your lifestyle with an influx of cash it would take at least $500k after taxes. That was years ago, so today the number might be a bit higher, but the principle still works. With that you should be able to pay off most or all of your debt, put a little aside, and be able to add a lot of freedom to / remove a lot of stress from your life. No it's not enough for you to retire on, but I can tell you if I had the option to take $500k worth of problems off of my plate today I'd consider myself "set for life" because of the future options it would afford me.

Even though they're both well over $500k I think both Saul and Kyle are solidly in this type of category. Now, if by some freak accident something were to happen to Carson and he'd retire from the NFL after this year, he'd be in a much different spot with almost $27M of earnings.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    I think there are different levels of "set for life". I was once told that in order to make any meaningful changes to your lifestyle with an influx of cash it would take at least $500k after taxes. That was years ago, so today the number might be a bit higher, but the principle still works. With that you should be able to pay off most or all of your debt, put a little aside, and be able to add a lot of freedom to / remove a lot of stress from your life. No it's not enough for you to retire on, but I can tell you if I had the option to take $500k worth of problems off of my plate today I'd consider myself "set for life" because of the future options it would afford me.

Even though they're both well over $500k I think both Saul and Kyle are solidly in this type of category. Now, if by some freak accident something were to happen to Carson and he'd retire from the NFL after this year, he'd be in a much different spot with almost $27M of earnings.
    This makes perfect sense. That number is probably closer to $1mil these days just thinking about what it would take to pay off a mortgage on a typical house along with other consumer/student debt plus be left with some money to put away. I was thinking about this the other day, in terms of losing a spouse and what our life insurance policies would mean.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk