Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Support

Default Re: Fan Support

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Kid who works with me and went to the game just graduated from NDSU. He had an interesting take on it. All universities are seeing attendance drop from the students. His response is nobody has time to go to the games anymore because school costs a boatload and everyone he knew was always working.

Could be valid.
    Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    This is exactly my observation.
    A large number of students have always had to work long hours to earn tuition and living expenses. And no, I didn't have to walk a mile uphill both ways to get to school.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    A large number of students have always had to work long hours to earn tuition and living expenses. And no, I didn't have to walk a mile uphill both ways to get to school.
    This is true but you can't deny that school is proportionally more expensive now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    This is true but you can't deny that school is proportionally more expensive now.

Or....the product could be worse than when Woodside and Co were playing. Crazy notion though. Ridiculous really.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post

That is a true statement.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    Or....the product could be worse than when Woodside and Co were playing. Crazy notion though. Ridiculous really.
    I believe the product is substantially worse and is a big reason that interest has dropped.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I went to some of the home conference games and the lucky bomb by David Jenkins Jr. of SDSU where we played great except at the FT line. It appeared to me that after DR blew the road game in Denver and there was some heat here on this forum that he changed from the horrible weave offense to a more shoot around offense that is what mid major bball needs to be, make the 3 or lose and get the rebound and score. When DR changed the offense and used more players they started to win more consistently. And I also want to add that last nights ESPN2 dudes said NDSU had lost its last 3 conf. games, did we not beat IPFW on the road the last game of the year? After the Denver road loss they won 6 out of 7, not bad! Vinny is the face of this team but he is a team player too IMO. Sam Griesel is coming on and will be a great player too as he is only a freshman. Ward plays with attitude and emotion and Samuelson is cold blooded from the 3 pt. line. Rocky, Deng, Tyree, Cameron and Horn are all contributing very well too. I think the fans will really show up again next year. Oh, and winning 22 in a row at the hockey rink was really an awesome feat with somewhat sparse fan support there. (we had LA and Braun.....).
    Last edited by bisoneer; 03-14-2019 at 03:29 AM.
    Let's Go Bison!!!

A couple of items that would more interesting. We have to try to get more conference scheduling agreements to bring decent teams in here such as the agreement with big sky we has the previous years. I thought we announced a new on this year.

We did get a couple of good out of conference home games in Eastern Washington, Santa Barbara, and Missouri State. We also had home games against Concondia, Northland (51-13 at half) and Dickinson State. If we add Augustana to the conference I hope that rids us of the Northland and Dickinson games as I think it was product of IUPUI leaving conference.

When I attended games at Scheels Arena the bar area was always packed before and at halftime of the games. It was really nice and convenient being able to grab a drink with friends during and before the games. Is there any possibility of that in the new arena? We did really mess up by not have suites added where alcohol could possibly be served. We could have sold corporate suites for basketball and football in tandem.

Can we try upgrade some of food options along with that.
    Is there any way for us to partner with some more local restaurants to have better food available at the games? I mean we are Division 1 basketball team, we have to continue to push the envelope on the customer experience.

I don’t think we missed a basketball game in the Scheels Arena. Went early to sit in the lounge, visit, & have food before the game. We made an evening out of it, rather than simpy attending a bb game.

Suites, beer, a lounge all would help.

Dave still needs some attitude improvement and figure out a better slowdown than what he’s doing.

I would have chewed on Klieman too. If we want excellence, we gotta bitch a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Ndsu84 View Post
    Suites, beer, a lounge all would help.

Dave still needs some attitude improvement and figure out a better slowdown than what he’s doing.

I would have chewed on Klieman too. If we want excellence, we gotta bitch a little.
    Not picking on you specifically because I've heard others say it as well but I couldn't care less about Richman's sideline demeanor in terms of the home game atmosphere. Just win. If he wants to go all Phil Jackson and sit in his chair on the bench the whole game looking like he's about to fall asleep I don't really care if they're winning. It's a sporting event not a circus.

If you want to say his sideline demeanor contributes to wins and losses that's a different argument that could be a debate in and of itself.