Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Fan Support

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fan Support

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    It might be a good idea but it is not one that is going to work given the present administration.
    The SHAC just isn't set up for modern DI basketball fan engagement and participation. It is what it is I guess and the only thing that will change it is a new arena. After the IPF, and outdoor T&F complex on the books, hopefully we can address it. The arena portion of the SHAC will be a perfect home for wrestling, Volleyball, intramurals, etc. The other thing we should do is move those plush new green seats to the dome to replace the Red ones and then buy some wider seats that maximize space in the SHAC, capacity be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    The SHAC just isn't set up for modern DI basketball fan engagement and participation. It is what it is I guess and the only thing that will change it is a new arena. After the IPF, and outdoor T&F complex on the books, hopefully we can address it. The arena portion of the SHAC will be a perfect home for wrestling, Volleyball, intramurals, etc.
    The SHAC is ours for 30 years to come here. You may be missing a 300 million dollar football stadium on your list

Anyone that was around when Erv Inninger coached, remembers big crowds at almost every game. Erv didn't wait for some marketing plan to sell seats, he was out in the community pumping up the program himself. The fact of having double headers with the women for NCC games definitely helped too.

533 In a row

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I was going to mention the stands having a setback from the court. Maybe this was a huge oversight from the designers, maybe it was necessary. As a civil grad I understand that there is a building code speaking to walking paths but I don’t know what it is, would have to ask an architect. IMHO people aren’t bitching about cramped seats if the bleachers are immediately adjacent to the action. People bitch the most about cramped seats, but my biggest complaint is probably the fact that they stuck a concourse between the first row and the court.
    It could be the result of the distance from the top to the bottom and desired slope of the stands. To get closer to the court they would have had a more shallow slope and then the head of the person in front of you would block your view. The slope looks like it could handle less angle, but I don't know for sure. If you've attended an NCAA game in the lower level of the large stadiums you know what I mean. You are not much higher than the person in front of you.

Edit for wrong quote....right was about Erv

I liked Erv until the end of his tenure. His players weren’t developing and IMO Juno and a few others were great players who got the shaft. Erv had the talk of 20 wins is so great. Not if you have to play Moorhead and Mayville etc.....

The football program in the early 60’s was in the same boat. Someone thought the players needed to get out and get kids “talked” into coming to the game. Friend of mine told a couple players, as soon as you start winning, we’ll be there.

Basketball fans will pack that place if the Bison play like they did the first half last game.

So lets take the 1st 3/4 of this MBB season and last season. Does anyone think that serving 6.00 or higher beers is going to increase attendance?????

What a great marketing strategy. Hey our record sucks and and so does attendance. HHHmmm What to do??? Hey lets sell beer!!!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

If my memory is correct, all of the NCC games were on Friday and Saturday. That's better than mid-week games in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Anyone that was around when Erv Inninger coached, remembers big crowds at almost every game. Erv didn't wait for some marketing plan to sell seats, he was out in the community pumping up the program himself. The fact of having double headers with the women for NCC games definitely helped too.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    So lets take the 1st 3/4 of this MBB season and last season. Does anyone think that serving 6.00 or higher beers is going to increase attendance?????

What a great marketing strategy. Hey our record sucks and and so does attendance. HHHmmm What to do??? Hey lets sell beer!!!!!
    You’re so right, the only idea offered up so far is bringing beer to games

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post

Maybe the beer revenue could pay to fix the bleechers.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Maybe the beer revenue could pay to fix the bleechers.
    How much beer can 500 people drink?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."