Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Support

Default Fan Support

What in the world is going on? I have been at every Summit League Championship game. Granted Eastern ND has a blizzard rolling in later today, but 2009 had a full out blizzard with school closed the next day, and the student section as packed.

Last night, I don't know if we had one legit student in the student section (other than the band). A few older guys like myself getting drunk and being pretty hilarious, but the students were not there.

Football has been on the decline and now a no show for the Summit League championship game. What gives?

Default Re: Fan Support

Playing games in a hockey arena for a few years killed student attendance. Well have to work twice as hard just to get back to where we were in the BSA days.

A blizzard doesnt help either

Student attendance is a National issue, not just us

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    What in the world is going on? I have been at every Summit League Championship game. Granted Eastern ND has a blizzard rolling in later today, but 2009 had a full out blizzard with school closed the next day, and the student section as packed.

Last night, I don't know if we had one legit student in the student section (other than the band). A few older guys like myself getting drunk and being pretty hilarious, but the students were not there.

Football has been on the decline and now a no show for the Summit League championship game. What gives?
    They needed to give away TVs to get students to show up for a weeknight game at the SHAC so it's not that surprising that they didn't make the 250 mile drive. I think the 2 years of games being away from campus took the life out of the student following for basketball. Perhaps that and the fact that they're now behind the basket instead of behind the benches. I don't know how it's fixable or if it's fixable at this point but even when students did show up for the UND and SDSU home games they seemed less engaged than the rest of the crowd was.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    They needed to give away TVs to get students to show up for a weeknight game at the SHAC so it's not that surprising that they didn't make the 250 mile drive. I think the 2 years of games being away from campus took the life out of the student following for basketball. Perhaps that and the fact that they're now behind the basket instead of behind the benches. I don't know how it's fixable or if it's fixable at this point but even when students did show up for the UND and SDSU home games they seemed less engaged than the rest of the crowd was.
    I mean not one student though? 14,000 student university and not one student?

What they really really need is to bring in a quality nonconference opponent into the SHAC. I remember going to the K State game in the BSA and the energy was just unreal.

While winning more will help, we've also seen football attendance drop. I don't get it. I do agree a P5 non-con would be phenomenal.

Bigger conference for both sports. Time is now
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    While winning more will help, we've also seen football attendance drop. I don't get it. I do agree a P5 non-con would be phenomenal.
    Kid who works with me and went to the game just graduated from NDSU. He had an interesting take on it. All universities are seeing attendance drop from the students. His response is nobody has time to go to the games anymore because school costs a boatload and everyone he knew was always working.

Could be valid.

Are we using our yearly bitch-about-fans voucher this yearly in the year? I thought we bitch discuss this around November?

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Kid who works with me and went to the game just graduated from NDSU. He had an interesting take on it. All universities are seeing attendance drop from the students. His response is nobody has time to go to the games anymore because school costs a boatload and everyone he knew was always working.
    Could be valid.
    My first thought was, "Why didn't the FRIENDS of the bb players go to a tournament game or two?" I don't understand that. Students are different I guess.
    I remember 10 yrs ago, my nephews were friends of the "Woodside & crew" bb team. All of the friends, & many more, piled into cars & got down to Sious Falls for the Championship game. They wouldn't have missed it for the world! They all had college & tests the next day, & had to get back to school.
    Stormy weather driving home & I-29 was closed. They went East & drove all the way North on some little hiway in order to get to our farm in blizzard conditions.
    Quite a memory for a car load of guys... but they were NOT going to miss that game.
    (Note: Ndsu kids are on spring break right now.)

It’s also spring break....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk