Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Support

Default Re: Fan Support

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    The crowd needs to be more involved in the game. Even at key moments of the game when we should be on our feet, most are not. It is just a different crowd. If you want to get it going more, place me and a few other key people in courtside seats and you will see some excitement. Spike Lee type chatter will be going on baby.
    I do my part in the northeast corner. I've gotten to the point where I don't care if I'm the only guy standing and screaming.

Student turnout and engagement is desperately needed. All us middle aged guys and the blue hairs aren't going to turn the atmosphere into what it should be without the student section leading the way.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I do my part in the northeast corner. I've gotten to the point where I don't care if I'm the only guy standing and screaming.

Student turnout and engagement is desperately needed. All us middle aged guys and the blue hairs aren't going to turn the atmosphere into what it should be without the student section leading the way.
    Sect 111 rocks, I am with you........
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    The stands are too far away from the court, there's garish red advertising on an otherwise bland court, and overall it's just a disjointed design with large gaps and a lot of seats not facing the court. None of that is conducive to a good basketball atmosphere.

I think this picture demonstrates pretty well how poorly the seating is designed. It's like the architects had no idea what a basketball arena should be, but rather just went through and checked off a bunch of boxes on a list they got from NDSU.

I agree with this.

The SHAC is a huge improvement over the BSA, but the Basketball arena is a let down. Without fixed permanent seating it just doesn't feel like high class permanent facility.

I think USD had that feeling just taking a few steps inside and looking around their place. It looks like a dump from the outside, but the basketball arena I thought looked very well done compared to the SHAC. The permanent seating with it's more continuous arrangement I think played a huge part in that.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    The SHAC is a huge improvement over the BSA, but the Basketball arena is a let down. Without fixed permanent seating it just doesn't feel like high class permanent facility.

I think USD had that feeling just taking a few steps inside and looking around their place. It looks like a dump from the outside, but the basketball arena I thought looked very well done compared to the SHAC. The permanent seating with it's more continuous arrangement I think played a huge part in that.
    That was some big money that went into that place. I really like the light ribbons. You would never think that arena was there when you look at the outside
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Not many students are going to want to spend their spring break in SF, also it costs money to go SF and like others have said students are a bit cash strapped these days.

That said, the league doesn't give a damn about traveling fans so I don't give a damn about how many fans we had there. It is what it is.

Home attendance is more concerning, we lost something when we played at Scheel Arena and it has never come back.
    The money thing is a low energy excuse. I was a student in 2014 when the team danced. Lots of students made the trip down. Cost us a couple tanks of gas and like 10 bucks to get in or something like that. That team was also very good, and everyone knew it. Probably why more made the trip.

Now...the Tuesday night thing coupled with apathy towards the program over the past few years seem reasonable factors.
    College of Business Alumnus

When I was in college, the breaks between quarters (which was our spring break) was when I could work 40 hours (or more) instead of 20 hours.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Don’t forget there is a selection event Sunday at the shac

The North Dakota State University athletic department will host an NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament selection show watch party inside the Scheels Center at the Sanford Health Athletic Complex on Sunday, March 17.

The event is free and open to the public. The watch party will be held in the Scheels Center, with the CBS Selection Show playing on the video board. Doors will open at 4 p.m., with a brief program at 4:45 pm, and the matchups for the 68-team field will be announced starting at 5 p.m.

Men's basketball student-athletes will be available to meet and greet with Bison fans, take photos, and sign autographs. The first 250 kids in attendance will receive mini basketball hoops. Men's basketball posters will be available, and fans can take pictures with the 2019 Summit League Championship trophy.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    For those who want beer at games. There is no doubt it would increase attendance. I have even visited with out of town football fans who have said that if they had known that there was no beer at the Dome they wouldn't have made the trip. What I don't really get is why someone can't just get to the games without needing to drink for two or three hours. As far as President B goes he is not going to allow beer at the SHAC.

As an aside, don't think I don't drink. I tailgate my ass off before every football game. Ask Loaf. I drink all of his liquor I can.
    The difference is tailgating before football games is an event. I would prefer if they sold beer in the Dome but they can always fall back on the "tailgating gives you plenty of time to get tuned up" rationale. Basketball doesn't have that. I don't know if it would help get people to show up, beer shouldn't be a primary motivator to get people to come but if thats what it takes...well...
    College of Business Alumnus

I think Tim and Saul interacted more with the fans, outside of games and during games. Richman doesn't, just not his personality either though.

They just had a different energy to attract fans to games without really trying.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.