Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Support

Default Re: Fan Support

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    I think Tim and Saul interacted more with the fans, outside of games and during games. Richman doesn't, just not his personality either though.

They just had a different energy to attract fans to games without really trying.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    Hire Saul to coach our cheer team???
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Hire Saul to coach our cheer team???
    Not a bad idea. He's available right?

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    The SHAC is a huge improvement over the BSA, but the Basketball arena is a let down. Without fixed permanent seating it just doesn't feel like high class permanent facility.

I think USD had that feeling just taking a few steps inside and looking around their place. It looks like a dump from the outside, but the basketball arena I thought looked very well done compared to the SHAC. The permanent seating with it's more continuous arrangement I think played a huge part in that.
    I agree but when we were in the BSA, the stadium was garbage and we drew just fine. The lack of attendance runs deeper than the facility. It starts with the students who create the energy the older fans feed off of. We flat out aren't doing enough to engage the students in any sport, including football. The culture has changed in the last 5 years and were not trying very hard. That needs to change. Matt Larson is a great numbers guy and doing a good job, but the student decline has happened under his watch

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I agree but when we were in the BSA, the stadium was garbage and we drew just fine. The lack of attendance runs deeper than the facility. It starts with the students who create the energy the older fans feed off of. We flat out aren't doing enough to engage the students in any sport, including football. The culture has changed in the last 5 years and were not trying very hard. That needs to change. Matt Larson is a great numbers guy and doing a good job, but the student decline has happened under his watch
    I completely agree. I've stated in other posts the focus should be in improving student attendance and engagement as a first step.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    The difference is tailgating before football games is an event. I would prefer if they sold beer in the Dome but they can always fall back on the "tailgating gives you plenty of time to get tuned up" rationale. Basketball doesn't have that. I don't know if it would help get people to show up, beer shouldn't be a primary motivator to get people to come but if thats what it takes...well...
    My point is I don't understand that is what it takes to get people in the seats. And I have never heard anyone from the Dome or NDSU say "tailgating gives you plenty of time to get tuned up" before football.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    My point is I don't understand that is what it takes to get people in the seats. And I have never heard anyone from the Dome or NDSU say "tailgating gives you plenty of time to get tuned up" before football.
    Game day for football and basketball are completely different. Football is all but a day long event and basketball is a couple of hours. Basketball needs to focus on fan engagement and it starts with students, players and coaches. Maybe section 111 should start a curtain of distraction. Lol
    The different intro for basketball is good. I am not a beer drinker but if that would help bring people to the game then I am for it. Some mentioned a “bar” area in upper level. That is a good idea to try. We also know a ton about most of our football players. Maybe there needs to be more written (or on coaches show) about out BB players.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I actually think footballs level of champion level success in their division hurts basketball. Bison fans come to expect National Championships to perpetuate their interest, and mid major basketball is just not going to provide that.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I actually think footballs level of champion level success in their division hurts basketball. Bison fans come to expect National Championships to perpetuate their interest, and mid major basketball is just not going to provide that.
    I feel there is definitely some truth to this. At the very least we come to expect dominance and to year in and year out be the best.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Game day for football and basketball are completely different. Football is all but a day long event and basketball is a couple of hours. Basketball needs to focus on fan engagement and it starts with students, players and coaches. Maybe section 111 should start a curtain of distraction. Lol
    The different intro for basketball is good. I am not a beer drinker but if that would help bring people to the game then I am for it. Some mentioned a “bar” area in upper level. That is a good idea to try. We also know a ton about most of our football players. Maybe there needs to be more written (or on coaches show) about out BB players.
    It might be a good idea but it is not one that is going to work given the present administration.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    The stands are too far away from the court, there's garish red advertising on an otherwise bland court, and overall it's just a disjointed design with large gaps and a lot of seats not facing the court. None of that is conducive to a good basketball atmosphere.

I think this picture demonstrates pretty well how poorly the seating is designed. It's like the architects had no idea what a basketball arena should be, but rather just went through and checked off a bunch of boxes on a list they got from NDSU.

I was going to mention the stands having a setback from the court. Maybe this was a huge oversight from the designers, maybe it was necessary. As a civil grad I understand that there is a building code speaking to walking paths but I don’t know what it is, would have to ask an architect. IMHO people aren’t bitching about cramped seats if the bleachers are immediately adjacent to the action. People bitch the most about cramped seats, but my biggest complaint is probably the fact that they stuck a concourse between the first row and the court.