Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Support

Default Re: Fan Support

Fargo is too far from Bismarck for me to make more than a game or two. Summit tourney on Monday & Tuesday doesn't work for me with a kid in school.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Ndsu84 View Post
    Suites, beer, a lounge all would help.

Dave still needs some attitude improvement and figure out a better slowdown than what he’s doing.

I would have chewed on Klieman too. If we want excellence, we gotta bitch a little.
    My crew got asked by a few of the Athletics department and Alumni staff at the pepfest down in Sioux Falls if we think selling beer at games would help attendance. As we were consuming gallons of it over the weekend I said it certainly wouldn't hurt but also mentioned the OOC schedule as part of the problem. They seem to know they need to do something to help drive attendance, we made our opinions known.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    My crew got asked by a few of the Athletics department and Alumni staff at the pepfest down in Sioux Falls if we think selling beer at games would help attendance. As we were consuming gallons of it over the weekend I said it certainly wouldn't hurt but also mentioned the OOC schedule as part of the problem. They seem to know they need to do something to help drive attendance, we made our opinions known.
    I'd say you represented fan sentiment well. I think a better OOC and beer would both significantly help to improve attendance. Fixing the OOC is hard; I hope they can do something about that. But allowing beer should be relatively easy. It honestly seems like a no-brainer.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    I mean not one student though? 14,000 student university and not one student?

What they really really need is to bring in a quality nonconference opponent into the SHAC. I remember going to the K State game in the BSA and the energy was just unreal.
    If students can't be bothered to walk down the street to the SHAC, why would they drive to Sioux Falls for a game?

The student's have been a disappointment since the BSA renovation started. There wasn't a real section for them at Scheels Arena and it was so far off campus that it's not fair to judge those two years. But it's been three years now back on campus and the student body support has been horrendous. Something needs to be done, either with yell leaders, promotions or just good old fashion marketing next years team. IMO a healthy and loud student section would certainly help the atmosphere and overall game day experience.

With that said, the ENTIRE fanbase needs to quit making excuses and show up next season, not just the students.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sell beer at the SHAC?? Students will come........You can get a beer at the Ralph, I suppose being it is privately owned that is the reason. But then only the Jr. & Sr. student would be 21...
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    Sell beer at the SHAC?? Students will come........You can get a beer at the Ralph, I suppose being it is privately owned that is the reason. But then only the Jr. & Sr. student would be 21...
    It works at other college venues. Get your wrist band and away you go. I believe board policy allows insitution presidents make the call. Bresciani could permit it. Attendance goes up. Revenue (ticket sales and concessions) goes up.

The game day experience as a whole needs to improve. From OOC schedule to amenities at the game. My God can we get some decent food options?? You already ran off the Hot Dog Peddler. Can we get something other than bland, terrible concession stand generic food and taco in a bag?? Get some unique options that might make it more an event to go with the game.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How about a beer lounge area in the NE corner upper level. Setup a nice bar, get some round tables and chairs, a big screen TV, popcorn and other short order food items and there you have it. The NW corner can be set up to cater to young families with kids, pizza, ice cream, hot dogs, etc. I might buy season tickets again then!
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Out of conference schedule my ass. How the hell isnt the shac packed to the rafters for und and sdsu?
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Out of conference schedule my ass. How the hell isnt the shac packed to the rafters for und and sdsu?
    Those games are better attended than others, but why they aren't sold out...could be a number of reasons. Sincere questions here (I'm not being snarky). Why do YOU think they're not packed to the rafters for UND and SDSU? And if improving OOC (and success against those opponents) isn't part of the solution in generating overall fan interest, what do you think IS the solution?