Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Bracketology

Default Re: Bracketology

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Well it still is but yes they use the NET score as more of a guideline now. RPI still factors into the BPI index which is all still considered along with NET. Fact of the matter is we need quality wins and our schedule last year actually gave us quite a bit of opportunity to get some we just didn't win any. Hopefully our schedule is as strong this year and we can get a few. I also am sick of the home games against NAIA schools, there's gotta be somebody out there we can play, I just don't understand how we can make it happen.
    There are schools out there to play, the problem is they cost more money to bring in than the regional sub-D1 schools. It's another example of the stark contrast in how the athletic department treats men's basketball compared to football. Not that they're completely in the wrong to do that considering where the cash flow comes from but it's an argument I bring up constantly when we see football-ish expectations heaped on the men's basketball team.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Gonna be hard to do that against Concordia, Mayville State and UJamestown in the OOC.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    NDSU only played a top 40 non-conference schedule in the nation this year...

Just give me a quality win, it has been way too long. Especially in non-conference play.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Wasn't aware of that. Get any decent teams to come to the SHAC?

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Wasn't aware of that. Get any decent teams to come to the SHAC?

Sadly not really, Santa Barbara was a solid team but to most fans just some random school in Cali. Wont be any easier next season, with us returning a lot pieces... going to be a challenge to find solid teams to come to Fargo. Hopefully Dave and Matt can figure out a way to improve the home non-conference.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Are you serious? Getting bitch slapped by the #1 team raised the other skum that much??

Hansel is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Are you serious? Getting bitch slapped by the #1 team raised the other skum that much??
    I believe non-D1's are not counted and therefore do not hurt strength of schedule

For people who don't pay attention. If you don't factor in the 3 home non-Division 1 games. Our non-conference was schedule was exceptionally tough. We really went out and played some goods teams on the road this past year.

Our OOC schedule last year included playing at New Mexico State (36 RPI), at Gonzaga (8), at Montana (77), E Tennessee state (68), and Iowa State (32). Throw in Drake (71) in Minneapolis. Those are all really tough games. Almost all of our non-conferences teams were at least .500 in their conferences. http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_432_Men.html.

The best way for us to get some quality wins is to get into a neutral court basketball tournament where we can play P5 schools.

Our best home games have occurred when we have had conference scheduling agreements with other leagues. We should really be trying to do more of the in the future. The past year we had big sky teams, we should try for some MAC or Horizon league agreements based upon RPI.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    For people who don't pay attention. If you don't factor in the 3 home non-Division 1 games. Our non-conference was schedule was exceptionally tough. We really went out and played some goods teams on the road this past year.

Our OOC schedule last year included playing at New Mexico State (36 RPI), at Gonzaga (8), at Montana (77), E Tennessee state (68), and Iowa State (32). Throw in Drake (71) in Minneapolis. Those are all really tough games. Almost all of our non-conferences teams were at least .500 in their conferences. http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_432_Men.html.

The best way for us to get some quality wins is to get into a neutral court basketball tournament where we can play P5 schools.

Our best home games have occurred when we have had conference scheduling agreements with other leagues. We should really be trying to do more of the in the future. The past year we had big sky teams, we should try for some MAC or Horizon league agreements based upon RPI.
    Yeah, the non-conference schedule was pretty strong last year but it's tough on a team when they're on the road for a month straight and they have one home game in their first 9 (when they started 2-7). And inside of that stretch was a neutral court loss to Incarnate Word who went 1-25 last season against D1 teams not named NDSU..... woof.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
    I believe non-D1's are not counted and therefore do not hurt strength of schedule
    How does that make sense? That's messed up.