Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bracketology

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bracketology

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Play in is in Dayton and after that closest is Des Moines

1 seeds Virginia will be Columbia, SC. Duke or Unc will also be Columbia. Gonzaga will be Salt Lake or San Jose. Kentucky as a 1 I think would be Columbus Oh
    With the loss last night, will the Zags still be a #1 and if they are, will they let them stay out west? Could be a punishment for losing your last game before the tourney to play in another region.

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    The play-in games are not just 16th seeds, in the past they have had two 9's play each other for a play-in. The tournament is listed as a 68 team tourney.
    The 12s or 11s. It's the last 4 bubble teams in as well as 4 16 seeds. I don't think NDSU will have to do a play in because the SWAC/MEAC/Northeast pretty much have those on lock every year

With the loss last night, will the Zags still be a #1 and if they are, will they let them stay out west? Could be a punishment for losing your last game before the tourney to play in another region.
    The tournament geography is such a mess to begin with and the West is very thin this year as well. The Zags, I would think, should end up playing relatively close to how no matter what seed line the committee puts them on.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

heckler is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Right now, Joe Lunardi has us as a 16 seed playing UNC.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    Right now, Joe Lunardi has us as a 16 seed playing UNC.

That'll be brutal
    The fella that watches the CFL

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    That'll be brutal
    I don't see a scenario that won't be brutal.

They will still go west for 1st two rounds at least, since there are no other top teams out there

I freaking hate one bid leagues getting stuck playing in Dayton. It makes no sense. Make it the bubble off mini tournament and fill all of the 11s with the winners in Dayton.

Power conference bubble teams get an entire season to pad a resume and also 34 opportunities to be a tourney team. 1 bid league champs have to win a do or die vs a team equally as desperate as you are.

They should get the full experience in flying to a tournament destination and getting their butts kicked by a 1 vs going to Dayton and possibly losing to a 11 win Hampton team

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    Play in In Fargo would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All First Four games are played in Dayton, OH

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'd prefer to see them in the play-in round actually. They get a game against a comparable team that they actually have more than a one-in-a-million chance to win and I'm pretty sure the game counts as a full tournament share so if they win that they bring home more bacon for the conference from tournament payouts from the NCAA than if they went one and done as a 16 that avoids the play-in round. It's also the only tournament game on TV at that time so it actually ups the exposure of a tournament appearance I think.
    From an article I read that was written in 2014 a First Four appearance gets you 6 "units" (1 unit/yr over 6 years)just like any other game appearance in the NCAA tournament. So winning a First Four game would guarantee the league 12 "units" or 2 units/yr over 6 yrs because you would appear in two games.