Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Extend Richman now

Default Re: Extend Richman now

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Lmao

I love a bunch of NDSU football fans try and talk basketball like they know better. The kids figured it out and played with a hell of a lot of confidrnce.they attacked from all over the court. Western Illinois was a better team than sdsu and they were damn good in the tournament. I can't believe some of you actually think freshman and shah I'd would come in and have everything figured out right away. Ndsu was one of the youngest and most inexperienced teams in D1.
    Talk b-ball?

WIU on that day was a better team than SDSU but a better team in general. NO
    WIU matches up pretty well with SDSU and they played each other during the last week of the season with SDSU winning. Not a good thing for a rematch less than a week later.

How much of the stuff we saw this year was just simplification to get the team on the same page with all the young guys? Interesting how they turned a page starting around late January. Hopefully they build on this next year.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by Ndsu84 View Post
    Anyone who plays for the Bison IMO is fantastic and should be admired.

That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be able to criticize the product Richman is putting out there. The games I went to, he had them playing below their talent and speed level.

Now something changed and they’re attacking the basket before the shot clock is winding down. I love it and won’t miss a game, unless we go back to the old way.

So what caused the change? It might have been the bitching and complaining about what we had. It certainly wasn’t the pussies on here talking all rainbows and unicorns when we’re losing.

Or Richman had this planned all the way and he’s a good coach. I sure hope that’s it.

Fargo fans are far more intelligent than Bisonville was giving them credit for. The new fieldhouse* will be packed if they play hard(tough, physical) with speed.

Love the finish! Go Bison!
    Both of those groups in the bolded statement had the exact same effect on the turnaround this team had.

Just need to pat myself on the back for this thread. I admitted I was wrong, and I hope you last holdouts will do the same.

It is time to make him the highest paid basketball coach in the Dakotas, he has earned it.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    It is time to make him the highest paid basketball coach in the Dakotas, he has earned it.
    Nope, he was a missed last second shot and a drubbing by SDSU in SF away from getting canned last year. He's earned the extension he received last year though. Let's see if he can reload like the Jack's have been doing or if it takes 4-5 more years to put together a top Summit team again. We will know the answer in 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Nope, he was a missed last second shot and a drubbing by SDSU in SF away from getting canned last year. He's earned the extension he received last year though. Let's see if he can reload like the Jack's have been doing or if it takes 4-5 more years to put together a top Summit team again. We will know the answer in 2 years.
    Coaches are missed last second shots from winning and losing all the time, and NDSU was playing the best basketball during the conference tournament and would have beat SDSU regardless, just like they should have 2 weeks earlier last year. He's been the best coach in the Summit the last 5 years collectively. He has brought a team he completely recruited and built to back to back NCAA Tournament appearances, and he can pitch to any recruit that they have a good chance of seeing the NCAA Tournament in at last 2 of their 4 years on campus. If NDSU didn't do everything they could to extend him further it would show they care only about Football, and not at all about basketball.

It really does not matter if you extend him or not, coaches leave all the time whether they have a contract or not.
    Important would be to maintain a high contract buy out.

FYI---folks realize this is a revived thread? I was not saying to extend him now; a year ago.....just want to be clear.....

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I agree with you. His extension from last year bought him a bit of time. I think he's had a couple decent recruiting classes but I think he needs to come back with a quick reload to prove it. I'm not a DR fan, but appreciate what he did this year. Vinny and Ward have seemed like his guys forever I want to see what happens when they are gone. Is he able to bring some other guys along? And please develop someone who will absolutely dominate the boards.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk