Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
I've been a critic going back to last year. I honestly don't think the criticisms, generally speaking, were unwarranted. HOWEVER, I do think at some point I crossed over a line into being relentlessly negative. Richman will be extended. That's fine. I'm going to stop complaining--at least for the rest of this season and through the OOC next year. I'm sincerely going to be more positive, and will be so with things I truly believe. For example, I'm pleased that the coaches made adjustments to the offense midseason, and I give them credit for doing so. I recognize that the team improved rather than regressed over the course of the season, and I'm happy about that. We are most certainly a better team than we were during the OOC. If we have to play in the First Four, I think we'll win. When we play the #1 in our region, we'll hopefully make it a game. I believe that making a game of it against some of the likely #1's is entirely possible, where I wouldn't have thought so a couple months ago. Like others have said, these guys coming back next year as seniors could be really exciting. Perhaps we'll crack that 20+ win threshold, which would be awesome. Looking forward to it. I might even get my season tickets back.

I've been so cynical, some of you probably think I'm being sarcastic or setting up a punchline. I'm actually not.
These are the changes that needed to happen and they did. I think most thought DR was incapable of making changes. But this year down the stretch he did. The teams plays for him. The team improved as the year went on. Those are all positive things happening. I am still not sold on DR but maybe something clicked and he saw the light. I am willing to see that happens over next 2-3 years. My season tickets will be renewed for next season.