Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Extend Richman now

Default Re: Extend Richman now

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Negative folks, reminder Dave only has one year left on his contract; you don't want you coach recruiting as a lame duck. Thus, they really do need to extend him a year or two; you have to admit, the turn around was remarkable this year.
    I do admit there's been a turn-around. We've won 5 games in a row and have played some really good basketball. I've posted only positive things for the last nine days. I'm okay with an extension...certainly 1-2 years added on to next year. ML could always extend further after a good year next season. If we're in tonight's game to the end, give Dave five more years. If we win, give him faculty tenure and assure him that he never has to pay for a beer in Fargo ever again.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Why does this thread even exist? Is this his last year? If not he needs to go a minimum of 14-2 in conference next year to even start a conversation of extension.
    Amen to that 14-2 may be a stretch but with everyone back there's zero reason they can't win the conference by a sizeable margin.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Why does this thread even exist? Is this his last year? If not he needs to go a minimum of 14-2 in conference next year to even start a conversation of extension.
    Because of all of the other threads from the Richman haters. Need this thread to balance things out. Doesn't matter what happens next year, they'll be an extension based on what happened THIS year. Go Bison!!

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    Because of all of the other threads from the Richman haters. Need this thread to balance things out. Doesn't matter what happens next year, they'll be an extension based on what happened THIS year. Go Bison!!
    Actually it would be based off of the last quarter of the season, the first 3/4 of this season was mostly terrible. If the turn around late in the season doesn't happen, this thread doesn't exist and NDSU obviously wouldn't be playing Duke tonight on CBS. I fully expect around a 2-3 year extension and it's hard for anyone with a non-biased opinion of DR to argue at this point.

Expectations are high for next year, need to perform
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have not been a DR fan but that last part of the season has changed my mind a bit. I would be fine with a 2 yr extension at this point. Next year could be an exciting season if these guys grow a bit.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

As recently as 3 weeks ago I was of the opinion that Richman and NDSU should part ways but, regardless how fortuitous his team's path was in the SLT, I'm happy to eat my crow. He deserves another 3 years.

That said I want to see some player development this offseason. With as much as this team improved the last 2 months of the season a 6 month offseason should really give them a great opportunity to become an elite mid-major next year but if they want themselves to be more than first round NCAA Tournament cannon fodder again they need to improve top to bottom. As good as it was to see this team improve this year it makes me want to see more next year. The league will be there for the taking but I hope the team isn't satisfied with what they accomplished this year and is motivated to do more in 19/20.

I thought Richman was all but gone 2-3 weeks ago, but you cannot argue with the timing of the turnaround. Even the losses in the last minute shows how much progress the team made throughout the year.

I had been really frustrated with the men's bb program over the past two year, but what an outstanding finish to the season. On top of that, they have everyone that played coming back and some exciting kids in the pipeline.

I would have never believed they would have finished the season the way they did and while the second half got away from them, I think the way they played against Duke for a half will help give them great confidence for next season.

Dave has earned a nice extension. I hope they can build on this and be a fun, exciting program and that more fans will then get behind them.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Anyone who plays for the Bison IMO is fantastic and should be admired.

That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be able to criticize the product Richman is putting out there. The games I went to, he had them playing below their talent and speed level.

Now something changed and they’re attacking the basket before the shot clock is winding down. I love it and won’t miss a game, unless we go back to the old way.

So what caused the change? It might have been the bitching and complaining about what we had. It certainly wasn’t the pussies on here talking all rainbows and unicorns when we’re losing.

Or Richman had this planned all the way and he’s a good coach. I sure hope that’s it.

Fargo fans are far more intelligent than Bisonville was giving them credit for. The new fieldhouse* will be packed if they play hard(tough, physical) with speed.

Love the finish! Go Bison!