Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Extend Richman now

Default Re: Extend Richman now

Saul's final season

Top 100: 4-4 (31. OU, 66. Delaware, 70 WMU, 84. Towson)
    100-200: 10-2
    200-300: 7-1
    300+: 2-0

If you want a decent seed in the NCAA tournament, that is about what you need to do.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Saul's final season

If you want a decent seed in the NCAA tournament, that is about what you need to do.
    That's with arguably the best team in school history. Preseason favorites loaded with 5 year seniors. How many mid-major school sustain that kind of resume on a yearly basis? I think if you did all of Sauls years it would like quite similar to whats DR's is.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Ross Uglem is talking some Twitter smack to Bisonville:

https://twitter.com/RossUglem/status...356572161?s=19
    He's a Packer fan. 'nuff said.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    That's with arguably the best team in school history. Preseason favorites loaded with 5 year seniors. How many mid-major school sustain that kind of resume on a yearly basis? I think if you did all of Sauls years it would like quite similar to whats DR's is.
    SDSU has done it a few years. Once under Otz, at least once under Nagy. Of course they didn't win an NCAA tournament game but they put themselves in a position where it could happen. This isn't about doing it yearly but Dave hasn't put together that type of team once, not even remotely close.

We screwed up and didn't schedule well in Woodside's senior season and it hurt us on selection Sunday.

The major difference when you compare Dave and Saul is going to be margin of defeat. Same with Tim and Dave.

Dave has had some brutal losses against great and good teams where we didn't even show up. There is a lot to his inablity to show well against better competition and it needs to change.

SDSU has done it a few years. Once under Otz, at least once under Nagy. Of course they didn't win an NCAA tournament game but they put themselves in a position where it could happen. This isn't about doing it yearly but Dave hasn't put together that type of team once, not even remotely close.

We screwed up and didn't schedule well in Woodside's senior season and it hurt us on selection Sunday.

The major difference when you compare Dave and Saul is going to be margin of defeat. Same with Tim and Dave.

Dave has had some brutal losses against great and good teams where we didn't even show up. There is a lot to his inablity to show well against better competition and it needs to change.
    How about SOS, we have scheduled pretty tough non conference wise this season and last season. Not sure how that has compared years prior.

I do agree we need to compete better against the bigger schools.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Extend Richman now

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Saul’s teams progressed over a 4-year span, assembling, arguably, the greatest team in our history of basketball. Dave’s teams regressed. We’ll find out next year what his senior-laden team can accomplish. Like Tim and Saul, maybe another lucrative offer will eventually come Dave’s way. Hopefully one day he too will earn the opportunity.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Hansel is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Saul's final season

Outside of Saul's final season, he went 2-29 against top 100 teams(wins against #62 SDSU in 2012 and #54 ORU in 2008), so there were not a lot of big wins until the last year.

Non-conf SOS this season for SL Team's

1. NDSU 36th
    2. Denver 114th
    3. USD 156th
    4. Omaha 168th
    5. ORU 212th
    6. UND 222nd
    7. PFW 258th
    8. SDSU 262nd
    9. WIU 350th

NDSU by far played the toughest schedule in the league.

I don't want to rip on Dave but this has been my #1 issue. This is really a question that is geared more to what you expect out of this program. I don't care about his personality or offense(ok I hated the weave but it is long gone). Can he move it up a level and build a team that can bring in high level success? That is what it is all about, putting together a team where we can make a legit splash. Tim did it, Saul did it and now Dave will get his shot.

Next year we have a legit shot at it, lots of seniors and we should have some more depth(especially in the front court). The pieces are in place, now we get to see if Dave can put it all together. If he does I would give him an Otz type of contract.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Saul’s teams progressed over a 4-year span, assembling, arguably, the greatest team in our history of basketball. Dave’s teams regressed. We’ll find out next year what his senior-laden team can accomplish. Like Tim and Saul, maybe another lucrative offer will eventually come Dave’s way. Hopefully one day he too will earn the opportunity.
    Im a big Saul fan, think he is a great coach. Im not so sure we have regressed this season, think we have made some really good progress and are set up for a big year next year.