Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Extend Richman now

Default Re: Extend Richman now

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I agree with you. His extension from last year bought him a bit of time. I think he's had a couple decent recruiting classes but I think he needs to come back with a quick reload to prove it. I'm not a DR fan, but appreciate what he did this year. Vinny and Ward have seemed like his guys forever I want to see what happens when they are gone. Is he able to bring some other guys along? And please develop someone who will absolutely dominate the boards.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    griesal? he actually should have a pretty sweet squad coming back next year--------what is his current contract? im not worried about losing him i think hes a bison 4 life but u cant insult the guy money wise either--------lock him up!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    griesal? he actually should have a pretty sweet squad coming back next year--------what is his current contract? im not worried about losing him i think hes a bison 4 life but u cant insult the guy money wise either--------lock him up!
    I really just want MHH to be a freak and dominate this league for the next 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Nope, he was a missed last second shot and a drubbing by SDSU in SF away from getting canned last year. He's earned the extension he received last year though. Let's see if he can reload like the Jack's have been doing or if it takes 4-5 more years to put together a top Summit team again. We will know the answer in 2 years.
    beat 2 Sub .500 teams in summit title 2 years in a row & 0 Power 5 wins in 5 years , not to mention he's not the personality to fill the SHAC or Offensive style points alone would make me NOT extend him.
    sorry to be blunt.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I agree with you. His extension from last year bought him a bit of time. I think he's had a couple decent recruiting classes but I think he needs to come back with a quick reload to prove it. I'm not a DR fan, but appreciate what he did this year. Vinny and Ward have seemed like his guys forever I want to see what happens when they are gone. Is he able to bring some other guys along? And please develop someone who will absolutely dominate the boards.

I think Richman's teams have always done a nice job rebounding. They've gotten the guards to help out which has really helped with the undersized teams they've been forced to use. I'd really like to see them develop a big who can be a threat on the offensive end with his back to the basket. Maybe it's just coincidental but it seems kind of telling that they haven't developed a big with those skills since Dex when Henderson was still on staff and now that Henderson is at SDSU he's developing Dentlinger into a good back-to-the-basket post player as well. If they can't develop a forward who's an offensive threat it would be nice to at least get a rim protector that can erase some advantages when the guards/wings get beat off the dribble.

I will say I've been super impressed with how good of a post defender Rocky has become so he's making great progress on that end of the court. I also have high hopes for Noah Christensen... he's listed at 6'9" and he might still be growing. He seems like he's got good athleticism for his size and if he can add some good strength to his frame he could be a difference maker with that size and athleticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think Richman's teams have always done a nice job rebounding. They've gotten the guards to help out which has really helped with the undersized teams they've been forced to use. I'd really like to see them develop a big who can be a threat on the offensive end with his back to the basket. Maybe it's just coincidental but it seems kind of telling that they haven't developed a big with those skills since Dex when Henderson was still on staff and now that Henderson is at SDSU he's developing Dentlinger into a good back-to-the-basket post player as well. If they can't develop a forward who's an offensive threat it would be nice to at least get a rim protector that can erase some advantages when the guards/wings get beat off the dribble.

I will say I've been super impressed with how good of a post defender Rocky has become so he's making great progress on that end of the court. I also have high hopes for Noah Christensen... he's listed at 6'9" and he might still be growing. He seems like he's got good athleticism for his size and if he can add some good strength to his frame he could be a difference maker with that size and athleticism.
    That can't be understated. He may not be good inside on offense, but man, he is so stellar on the other end inside.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

All in all Davie had a great season coaching this group and we all expected the Bison to get back to the Dance. My question is: can he do it again next year and show us what he can do with the young guys like MHH and Christenson. I do have hi hopes for the program.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

What are his current contract terms?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    beat 2 Sub .500 teams in summit title 2 years in a row & 0 Power 5 wins in 5 years , not to mention he's not the personality to fill the SHAC or Offensive style points alone would make me NOT extend him.
    sorry to be blunt.
    It's not Richman's fault that Western Illinois beat SDSU last year or that SDSU and USD lost in the first round again this year. It all goes to show that Richman is likely the best postseason coach in the Summit right now.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    sorry to be blunt.
    So getting to the tournament 3 times in six years means nothing? You would have a flashy more exciting in a presser coach who ran a team that scored a lot with dunks and globetrotter moves, beating a P5 team but losing a lot but somehow that gets fans there. You have lost it man.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Now beating teams we should beat isn’t enough? I’m confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk