Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Extend Richman now

Default Re: Extend Richman now

Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
    Outside of Saul's final season, he went 2-29 against top 100 teams(wins against #62 SDSU in 2012 and #54 ORU in 2008), so there were not a lot of big wins until the last year.
    Doesn't matter because he built it back up from the ground floor. Give me high level success and I'll excuse some lean years but even in those lean years his team competed.
    Last edited by NDSUstudent; 03-15-2019 at 01:36 AM.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    DR 5 years at NDSU:

Overall record 94-56.
    Winning Seasons 4 out of 5 years. (23,20,19,18)
    1 Regular Season Championship (2014-15)
    2 Summit League Tournament Championships (2014-15, 2018-19)
    9-3 Record in the Summit League Tournament

NDSU will likely be the preseason favorite next year in the SL with everybody scheduled to return.

For those in the camp of not giving DR an extension where does he need to improve.
    I can't speak for everyone else, but DR throughout the season would say in interviews that he didn't care about the results, just that the team needs to trust the process. I think that turned a lot of people off in regards to DR and the team in general. If your coach doesn't care about winning, why bother showing up? Even if that's what he was telling his players, it was bad PR to tell the media/fans throughout the season.

Now after the team had its magical run in Sioux Falls this week, expectations will be MUCH higher next year. A senior laden team that has had great experience winning the tournament this season. Not caring about the results next regular season should not be acceptable. Non-conference games NEED to matter next year as the team should be striving to be higher than a 16 seed, if they make the dance again.

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    I can't speak for everyone else, but DR throughout the season would say in interviews that he didn't care about the results, just that the team needs to trust the process. I think that turned a lot of people off in regards to DR and the team in general. If your coach doesn't care about winning, why bother showing up? Even if that's what he was telling his players, it was bad PR to tell the media/fans throughout the season.

Now after the team had its magical run in Sioux Falls this week, expectations will be MUCH higher next year. A senior laden team that has had great experience winning the tournament this season. Not caring about the results next regular season should not be acceptable. Non-conference games NEED to matter next year as the team should be striving to be higher than a 16 seed, if they make the dance again.
    I think DR was saying this after losses, coaches talk? Maybe im wrong but I highly doubt he was saying that going into games. If he was then yes thats not a great look.

No so sure it was a magical run, once SDSU lost the field was wide open. NDSU was the deepest team in the tournament and looked like the best team in each game.

I agree 100%, with everyone scheduled to return off a Big Dance appearance. Expectations are def high next year.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

DR finally woke up and smelled the coffee after the Denver road loss by getting away from the weave offense and letting our guys play basketball that is once again entertaining. He also deserves credit for bringing in the JUCO transfer Vinnie Shahid! Wow this guy is impressive on the court and in the post game interviews he can paint a great picture, he is a leader and he is not excessively arrogant in the few times I have watch the post game pressers. He won player of the game many times and for DR to let the newby do this it speaks loudly about how he feels this guy is accepted by himself and the rest of the team. Over achievers this year with SDSU and UNO being "better". With Daum gone next year and forbidding that some other team doesn't land a 6-11 ringer like him, NDSU should have a very entertaining a successful season in 2019/20.
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Extend him.....

Sorry but the bang for the buck is the best NDSU can get...

3 year contact .

He took a team that many thought would be an embarrassed at the beginning of the season and steadily improved them to the point of making a late season run dropping some close games at the end if the regular season. Then at the tournament those close losses turned into close wins and took a seniorless team to the dance. That's pretty impressive to me. Exceeded my wildest expectations for this team at the beginning of the year.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    He took a team that many thought would be an embarrassed at the beginning of the season and steadily improved them to the point of making a late season run dropping some close games at the end if the regular season. Then at the tournament those close losses turned into close wins and took a seniorless team to the dance. That's pretty impressive to me. Exceeded my wildest expectations for this team at the beginning of the year.
    I was standing on the court after the game Tuesday night, in complete shock. No way anyone in their right mind thought this team was going to the dance this year when they were 2-7 back in December.

I've been a critic going back to last year. I honestly don't think the criticisms, generally speaking, were unwarranted. HOWEVER, I do think at some point I crossed over a line into being relentlessly negative. Richman will be extended. That's fine. I'm going to stop complaining--at least for the rest of this season and through the OOC next year. I'm sincerely going to be more positive, and will be so with things I truly believe. For example, I'm pleased that the coaches made adjustments to the offense midseason, and I give them credit for doing so. I recognize that the team improved rather than regressed over the course of the season, and I'm happy about that. We are most certainly a better team than we were during the OOC. If we have to play in the First Four, I think we'll win. When we play the #1 in our region, we'll hopefully make it a game. I believe that making a game of it against some of the likely #1's is entirely possible, where I wouldn't have thought so a couple months ago. Like others have said, these guys coming back next year as seniors could be really exciting. Perhaps we'll crack that 20+ win threshold, which would be awesome. Looking forward to it. I might even get my season tickets back.

I've been so cynical, some of you probably think I'm being sarcastic or setting up a punchline. I'm actually not.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

you people LOVE Mediocrity in North Dakota and Fargo. I'm embarassed for you all.

if you look at D1 only records he's what 78-56?

We were 13-15 this year going into Summit Tourney. Beat 2 teams that were 8-20 and 9-21 .

Dave can't adjust on the fly, he gets outcoached at halftime every game, (including Omaha) buy Vinnie hit 3 amazing shots to keep the Win.

here's the biggest problem for this program, DAVE will never be a salesman and get a massive crowd following, that's called Revenue guys. A bigger named coach, 1 with charisma and fast paced offense would PACK the SHAC
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I've been a critic going back to last year. I honestly don't think the criticisms, generally speaking, were unwarranted. HOWEVER, I do think at some point I crossed over a line into being relentlessly negative. Richman will be extended. That's fine. I'm going to stop complaining--at least for the rest of this season and through the OOC next year. I'm sincerely going to be more positive, and will be so with things I truly believe. For example, I'm pleased that the coaches made adjustments to the offense midseason, and I give them credit for doing so. I recognize that the team improved rather than regressed over the course of the season, and I'm happy about that. We are most certainly a better team than we were during the OOC. If we have to play in the First Four, I think we'll win. When we play the #1 in our region, we'll hopefully make it a game. I believe that making a game of it against some of the likely #1's is entirely possible, where I wouldn't have thought so a couple months ago. Like others have said, these guys coming back next year as seniors could be really exciting. Perhaps we'll crack that 20+ win threshold, which would be awesome. Looking forward to it. I might even get my season tickets back.

I've been so cynical, some of you probably think I'm being sarcastic or setting up a punchline. I'm actually not.
    Too wordy, did not read.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013