Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Extend Richman now

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Extend Richman now

So when does the extension/ no extension conversation take place? And does the outcome of Wednesday's game have any influence on how much of an extension is offered? Are there any circumstances under which an extension would not be offered?

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MinotBison View Post
    So when does the extension/ no extension conversation take place? And does the outcome of Wednesday's game have any influence on how much of an extension is offered? Are there any circumstances under which an extension would not be offered?
    I'm no expert, but good luck recruiting a better coach to come here if winning your conference tournament doesn't get you an extension.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Quote Originally Posted by MinotBison View Post
    I'm guessing it's already happened just not announced yet. Then again maybe Matt is waiting to see if he gets poached after the tourney.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I'm guessing it's already happened just not announced yet. Then again maybe Matt is waiting to see if he gets poached after the tourney.
    I think most everyone agrees that an extension will happen, if it hasn't already. But it would take a UMBC-like tournament performance Wednesday AND Friday in order for DR to get poached by a bigger school. If that were to happen on Friday, the Earth would implode, so it renders all of this discussion moot.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Well then fire DR then. Without a March miracle he would have had his fifth straight year of not improving upon the previous seasons win total. I don't know how you can possibly give him a serious extension and raise based on those results.
    amen. and we are still only 15-15 vs D1 opponents now. 0 quality wins and only 1 or 2 wins vs a winning ballclub this year?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Why does this thread even exist? Is this his last year? If not he needs to go a minimum of 14-2 in conference next year to even start a conversation of extension.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Why does this thread even exist? Is this his last year? If not he needs to go a minimum of 14-2 in conference next year to even start a conversation of extension.
    Or make the NCAA tournament this year and win a game!!

Negative folks, reminder Dave only has one year left on his contract; you don't want you coach recruiting as a lame duck. Thus, they really do need to extend him a year or two; you have to admit, the turn around was remarkable this year.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    you have to admit, the turn around was remarkable this year.
    Last edited by EC8CH; 03-22-2019 at 05:03 PM.

I'll reserve judgment on the extension until I see if Dave can beat Duke.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix