Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Extend Richman now

Default Re: Extend Richman now

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I've been a critic going back to last year. I honestly don't think the criticisms, generally speaking, were unwarranted. HOWEVER, I do think at some point I crossed over a line into being relentlessly negative. Richman will be extended. That's fine. I'm going to stop complaining--at least for the rest of this season and through the OOC next year. I'm sincerely going to be more positive, and will be so with things I truly believe. For example, I'm pleased that the coaches made adjustments to the offense midseason, and I give them credit for doing so. I recognize that the team improved rather than regressed over the course of the season, and I'm happy about that. We are most certainly a better team than we were during the OOC. If we have to play in the First Four, I think we'll win. When we play the #1 in our region, we'll hopefully make it a game. I believe that making a game of it against some of the likely #1's is entirely possible, where I wouldn't have thought so a couple months ago. Like others have said, these guys coming back next year as seniors could be really exciting. Perhaps we'll crack that 20+ win threshold, which would be awesome. Looking forward to it. I might even get my season tickets back.

I've been so cynical, some of you probably think I'm being sarcastic or setting up a punchline. I'm actually not.
    These are the changes that needed to happen and they did. I think most thought DR was incapable of making changes. But this year down the stretch he did. The teams plays for him. The team improved as the year went on. Those are all positive things happening. I am still not sold on DR but maybe something clicked and he saw the light. I am willing to see that happens over next 2-3 years. My season tickets will be renewed for next season.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    These are the changes that needed to happen and they did. I think most thought DR was incapable of making changes. But this year down the stretch he did. The teams plays for him. The team improved as the year went on. Those are all positive things happening. I am still not sold on DR but maybe something clicked and he saw the light. I am willing to see that happens over next 2-3 years. My season tickets will be renewed for next season.
    Maybe he started reading Bisonville.

That would explain his pissy demeanor.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    I was standing on the court after the game Tuesday night, in complete shock. No way anyone in their right mind thought this team was going to the dance this year when they were 2-7 back in December.
    Hell, I was sure DR was out of a job in late January. Finishes 9-3, saves his job and a trip to the dance. For coaches, it is always...what have you done for me lately!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Hell, I was sure DR was out of a job in late January. Finishes 9-3, saves his job and a trip to the dance. For coaches, it is always...what have you done for me lately!
    and 8 of those 9 wins against losing records. cmon people, do better, wake up.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've also been incredibly critical of Dave but watching our guys put it together for 3 days in the tournament, Dave using timeouts in good spots, him showing some fire on the sidelines and getting the ball to the guy with the hot hand were all improvements. I also agree his demeanor has been a little less arrogant but we still need a little more personality out of him to engage the fan base. I think he still has a long ways to go as a head coach but I do think he's improving, this team is improving and with the young talent we already have, another athletic big man coming in next year and hopefully a good recruiting class next year. I'm all for a small extension now but with other teams losing top talent and this entire team returning we need to be a 20+ win team next year and at minimum be in the Summit Title game but we should win the tourney again next season before he gets anything more than a short extension.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This should be a pretty easy conversation for ADML. "Dave, we are going to extend you 2 more years. However, you have a good team coming back next year in what should be a down Summit. Win 20+ games, the regular season title and go back to the Dance and we will make you the highest paid coach in the league." At this point DR shakes his hand, walks out and gets to work.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    This should be a pretty easy conversation for ADML. "Dave, we are going to extend you 2 more years. However, you have a good team coming back next year in what should be a down Summit. Win 20+ games, the regular season title and go back to the Dance and we will make you the highest paid coach in the league." At this point DR shakes his hand, walks out and gets to work.
    I absolutely HATE those types of "deals" made by AD's. Miles AD did that with him.....his best player tears his knee up, starting 2 guard rolls and ankle, next 2 guard tears his knee up, he suspends his first guy off the bench...only gets to 19 wins. RPI and NET under 50. FIRED. so......if healthy he gets to keep his job? So many things happen. Drug tests, school, injuries...etc.

At some point you have to say...are you or aren't you my guy? I also don't think at the mid major level you can say who will be good or not good. Transfers, injuries, etc. I mean SDSU should have killed the league this year. THey had no depth, it caught up with them. Clearly on paper we return everyone. who knows. Hope there are some very healthy conversations about strengths and weaknesses. What a great run, some great exposure coming. Great experiences for these young men.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well then fire DR then. Without a March miracle he would have had his fifth straight year of not improving upon the previous seasons win total. I don't know how you can possibly give him a serious extension and raise based on those results.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Well then fire DR then. Without a March miracle he would have had his fifth straight year of not improving upon the previous seasons win total. I don't know how you can possibly give him a serious extension and raise based on those results.
    I wouldn't call it A March miracle. They played pretty well the whole month of February.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    I wouldn't call it A March miracle. They played pretty well the whole month of February.
    ^This is true