Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: We are a basketball school!

Default Re: We are a basketball school!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Your not getting into an FBS conference unless our BB improves a ton. That's what would drive a conference change and eventual FBS invite.
    Does that really matter though in comparison to geography and TV market? Just don't know how much an increased Basketball ticket revenue would move the needle for FBS conferences.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Really???

Non-conference home games that year were Viterbo, Southern Miss, Valley City St, Delaware, Towson, and Mayville St. They played in one of the worst arenas in D1. They paid the coach low major money to the point where a MAC school was a big pay raise. If Bison football had half their home OOC games against sub-D1 teams and lost their head coach to a MAC school there would be a lynch mob out for the AD.

Basketball has never been supported at the D1 level to the point that football has been. But, at the same time, that's just the nature of the beast at the mid-major level. The resources aren't available to be at the top of the heap in both revenue sports, you have to prioritize them. It's clear NDSU has prioritized football ahead of basketball and I don't think anyone can blame them/us given the results.
    relax man it was a joke

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Need a Coach with Charisma & salesmanship & fast paced style, that would Pack the SHAC. FBS conference would help the Basketball team also.
    What happened to our last two "charisma & salesmanship"? Unless AD finds a gold mine they're not going to be able to keep a coach like that for long.

I'll hang up and listen.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    What happened to our last two "charisma & salesmanship"? Unless AD finds a gold mine they're not going to be able to keep a coach like that for long.

I'll hang up and listen.

The contract Entz signed gives him a base of 380,00 and it could be 424,500 if he fulfills all of the incentives. I don't know what type of incentives DR can/did make, and the last base I could find was 195,000. That doesn't bode too well for any BB coach that the AD will hire.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post

I'll hang up and listen.

Yea, but if Miles or Saul had the SHAC. it wouldve been full
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Oh BSA was full several times. That wasn't my point. Point was they were gone in 5 years for a deserved pay raise.

watching the 70,000-100,000 downtown Minneapolis for this fonal 4 makes me want to be a basketball score even more. 20+ million watching these games, its insanity!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I can not believe how many times announcers have mentioned NDSU since we lost to Duke!! Millions?!/major fucking purple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I can not believe how many times announcers have mentioned NDSU since we lost to Duke!! Millions?!/major fucking purple

Do your feelers get hurt every time somebody talks about basketball in a positive light?

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Do your feelers get hurt every time somebody talks about basketball in a positive light?
    No, only when it’s exaggerated like it is here.

And you still owe me a $100. Ever gonna pay that up?

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.