Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: We are a basketball school!

Default Re: We are a basketball school!

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Exposure:

NCAA BB Tourney Win > FCS Championship > NCAA Tourney Bid

Go there and win, that’s the ticket
    This is most certainly true.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

First and foremost, people, we are a tailgating school. And don't you ever effin' forget it!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU beating Oklahoma in the Big Dance is still the #1 Biggest thing ever to happen to NDSU and got NDSU the most exposure ever, we drove out to spokane the next day and on XM Radio, it was literally brought up on every station on the hour and even talked about on the talk shows all day long. led off Sportscenter
    Not once in all of my travels have I had a person come up to me and say anything about the NDSU-Oklahoma BB game. Never. Or anything BB related.
    But I do regularly have conversations about the football team no matter where I go. Im in TX right now for a month and have numerous conversations about our football team since we got here March 1st.

On the trip down here did anyone mention the MBB team? Nope. Did any mention the FB team. Yep all the way down.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 03-14-2019 at 02:55 AM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    We have a winner. From the end of Carsons career at NDSU till he was drafted nothing and nobody received as much publicity that he did. There wasnt a day that went by that he wasnt mentioned in some type of media format. Hes been a media buzz ever since.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Not even sure why we're arguing about this. They're BOTH great exposure. Yeah, among basketball fans, this probably reaches more eyes. But seriously, here in Denver, more know about the football program. Just last week I was at the liquor store, and the guy working there said "So, did you guys win it all again this year?"

It may be just the hardcore FB fans, but also only the hardcore BB fans will remember a one-and-done thing.

Again, not sure which is more exposure, but what the hell, all are good...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    4 Division 1 Big Dances in 10 years > 7 FCS football titles

Don't even try and debate this, you are foolish if you do.

NDSU's will to win is un-matched in big spots.

the NATIONAL exposure for the BIG dance trumps fcs title game on sat 1pm in january.. NDSU will be on MILLIONS of Brackets!

Posts: "Don't even try to debate this, you are foolish if you do."

...on a public message board.

Just pretend you don't know what the topic is for a second and think about that. Why post it if you aren't interested in debate?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

When is the last time we beat a top 25 team in bb? We are gonna get a 15 seed at best and get smoked.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm picturing Trump inviting our basketball team to the White House because we made the NCAA tournament again.

That said, we are a football school and a decent basketball school. Kind of like Oklahoma or Ohio State - we will win a football national championship and occasionally a conference basketball championship.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Football school that makes the dance every few years