Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: We are a basketball school!

Default Re: We are a basketball school!

Indulge me with my dream scenario a little longer...going back to the idea of NMSU and GCU. We move toward becoming a basketball school and a decent basketball conference by pulling in other basketball schools. I grabbed the data below from a WAC board. The top 20 home games in the WAC this year are made up entirely of NMSU and GCU. Either one or both of these teams would be great additions to the league and would boost atmosphere. I mean criminey, GCU had over 7,000 fans show up for Delaware State. That's some enthusiasm.

1. NMSU vs Seattle U - 11,889
    2. NMSU vs Cal Baptist - 11,212
    3. GCU vs Nevada - 10,172 (Talking Stick Arena)
    4. GCU vs Cal State Bakersfield - 7497
    5. GCU vs New Mexico State - 7495
    6. GCU vs Boise State - 7317
    7. GCU vs Seattle U - 7293
    8. GCU vs Mississippi Valley State - 7255
    9. GCU vs UM Kansas City - 7215
    10. GCU vs Utah Valley - 7205
    11. GCU vs Delaware State - 7122
    12. GCU vs Arkansas State - 7121
    13. GCU vs Chicago State - 7113
    14. GCU vs UT Rio Grande Valley - 7097
    15. GCU vs Cal Baptist - 7094
    16. GCU vs Eastern New Mexico - 6979
    17. NMSU vs New Mexico - 6777
    18. NMSU vs St. Mary's - 6660
    19. GCU vs Jacksonville - 6572
    20. NMSU vs UTEP - 6125
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Indulge me with my dream scenario a little longer...going back to the idea of NMSU and GCU. We move toward becoming a basketball school and a decent basketball conference by pulling in other basketball schools. I grabbed the data below from a WAC board. The top 20 home games in the WAC this year are made up entirely of NMSU and GCU. Either one or both of these teams would be great additions to the league and would boost atmosphere. I mean criminey, GCU had over 7,000 fans show up for Delaware State. That's some enthusiasm.

1. NMSU vs Seattle U - 11,889
    2. NMSU vs Cal Baptist - 11,212
    3. GCU vs Nevada - 10,172 (Talking Stick Arena)
    4. GCU vs Cal State Bakersfield - 7497
    5. GCU vs New Mexico State - 7495
    6. GCU vs Boise State - 7317
    7. GCU vs Seattle U - 7293
    8. GCU vs Mississippi Valley State - 7255
    9. GCU vs UM Kansas City - 7215
    10. GCU vs Utah Valley - 7205
    11. GCU vs Delaware State - 7122
    12. GCU vs Arkansas State - 7121
    13. GCU vs Chicago State - 7113
    14. GCU vs UT Rio Grande Valley - 7097
    15. GCU vs Cal Baptist - 7094
    16. GCU vs Eastern New Mexico - 6979
    17. NMSU vs New Mexico - 6777
    18. NMSU vs St. Mary's - 6660
    19. GCU vs Jacksonville - 6572
    20. NMSU vs UTEP - 6125
    That would be a huge boost to the conference

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    NMSU and GCU were the 2 teams I wanted added after IUPUI left. Doesn't seem like there is mutual interest though.

I wouldnt see us going after a GCU/NMSU unless we lost Ft. Wayne & Western Illinois. Augustana probably a higher priority for the conference.

NDSU basketball will be on 20 million Brackets across every OFFICE in America.

With a bigger name coach, fast paced offense, NDSU Basketball could be a sell out show.

sadly, mediocre east coast AD is just happy to be here.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    NMSU and GCU were the 2 teams I wanted added after IUPUI left. Doesn't seem like there is mutual interest though.
    At one time, GCU wanted in. Maybe not so much anymore. Now that they're non-profit, they might think they can land somewhere better and will ride it out with the WAC until then. There's apparently no exit fee for the WAC. So if you could somehow make it a wash for them financially, they might consider it. In the case of NMSU, they might be attracted to the fact that we have a bunch of doctoral-granting and land-grant universities in the Summit--schools very similar to themselves.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default We are a basketball school!

I’ve gone to a couple of GCU games these last 2 years out here in CA. Their fans are all-in on basketball. Former NBAer and current coach Dan Majerle is quite entertaining to watch...he takes yelling, screaming, angry-looking-100%-of-the-time to a different level. He makes Bobby Knight look like Tim Miles.

Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default We are a basketball school!

For you nightowl basketball junkies, #1 New Mexico St plays #4 UTRGV tonight at 6 PST and #2 Utah Valley plays #3 Grand Canyon at 8:30...Majerle should be in rare form tonight.
    Last edited by CalBison97; 03-15-2019 at 10:29 PM.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In re-watching the celebration in SF, noticed the Spencer E was in the middle of the celebration. He was supposed to be a senior this year, and would have gotten lots of minutes in our thin front court.

day before the big dance and the football forum has 114 viewing and basketball 35 viewing.

come on people.. some of YOU are the problem!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?