Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adios to the 3 man weave!

Default Adios to the 3 man weave!

Thank God. Didn't think I would see it happen, since it has been the offense for so long. But then it happened three fourths, or so, into the season no more.

Default Re: Adios to the 3 man weave!

Are you sure you watched the first three fourths of this season?

Thank God. I thought we were going to break it out there in the second half.

Were still using it late January. Not using it by Feb

Quote Originally Posted by popefro View Post
    Were still using it late January. Not using it by Feb
    It was becoming less and less early in the season as well. Did not see it often at all January Feb. You might be right about not seeing it at all in Feb. I missed some road games.

Congrats to the team. Nobody expected that. I hope they all enjoy the moment.

Having said that...Im not sure we should be celebrating the offense right now. Did you watch the second half? They ran the same play repeatedly. It was like they were running the timberwolves hold the ball for last shot play. But there was still 10 minutes on the clock! Unlike the timberwolves it worked for us. Im not real confident in that strategy moving forward.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Congrats to the team. Nobody expected that. I hope they all enjoy the moment.

Having said that...Im not sure we should be celebrating the offense right now. Did you watch the second half? They ran the same play repeatedly. It was like they were running the timberwolves hold the ball for last shot play. But there was still 10 minutes on the clock! Unlike the timberwolves it worked for us. Im not real confident in that strategy moving forward.
    Yeah, the offense was nothing to celebrate there for a good stretch of the 2nd half. Lazy dribbles around half court then passing around the 3 point line until the end of the shot clock. There were 2 possessions in a row where the ball got inside the 3 point line for all of about a half second before a 3 point chuck as the shot clock expired. They seemed oblivious to the fact that their offense became completely stagnant when they didn't attack the rim off the dribble or feed the post. Their defense bailed them out more than their offense did late in the game last night and I think they've shown more improvement defensively throughout the course of the season than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, the offense was nothing to celebrate there for a good stretch of the 2nd half. Lazy dribbles around half court then passing around the 3 point line until the end of the shot clock. There were 2 possessions in a row where the ball got inside the 3 point line for all of about a half second before a 3 point chuck as the shot clock expired. They seemed oblivious to the fact that their offense became completely stagnant when they didn't attack the rim off the dribble or feed the post. Their defense bailed them out more than their offense did late in the game last night and I think they've shown more improvement defensively throughout the course of the season than anything.
    Well, Im also not convinced the weave is gone yet. If we get down big against a high seed I think it may rear its ugly head.

In short, lets celebrate the win. Not the offense. :-)
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

The weave has it's time and place. It just shouldn't be our primary offense.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The weave has it's time and place. It just shouldn't be our primary offense.
    For the most part we got away from it late in the year. It would come out for a possession or two but that was it
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.