Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the next head coach for women's basketball at NDSU

Default Re: Who is the next head coach for women's basketball at NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Not without increasing the budget for mens basketball. Womens basketball is a cash drain. Mens basketball is a revenue sport. Paying a WBB coach more than a mens BB coach is fiscally irresponsible
    But when the women start to win, will it still be a cash drain?? Used to be better attended than men from some of the reports..

Keep your expectations low enough and you will always be happy with the results

EagleBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    But when the women start to win, will it still be a cash drain?? Used to be better attended than men from some of the reports..
    Women's attendance grew when the WBB game was on the same night as the men. People would get to games early to get seats for the mens game, and the women's game turned out to be pretty darn good too. The men were good, but the women started winning championships.
    Collector of Bison Homecoming pins - Buy or Trade

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Exception not the rule. And the mens team was terrible when it happened. Ticket prices were very low and bolstered by playoff games. They started counting double header numbers towards women and they were winning D2 National Championships. The odds of winning Division 1 National Championships is .00001%

Investing more into WBB than mens is delusional

Although we need to spend more for both programs to take the next step and WBB has the potential to draw very well

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by SUBISON247 View Post
    Can he coach women?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EagleBison View Post
    Women's attendance grew when the WBB game was on the same night as the men. People would get to games early to get seats for the mens game, and the women's game turned out to be pretty darn good too. The men were good, but the women started winning championships.
    I had season tickets back then and the crowd thinned after the women's game was done. It has been a long fall from grace for the Bison women's bb team.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    I had season tickets back then and the crowd thinned after the women's game was done. It has been a long fall from grace for the Bison women's bb team.
    NDSU is a women's Basketball school, or at least it used to be. It is a travesty what happened to the program and even greater travesty that SDSU picked up the reins and ran with it.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    I was a student then and I remember one weekend (may have been Bison-Sioux) they played the men's game Friday night and the women's game Saturday to maximize ticket revenue and the women's game was packed. There were plenty of seats the night before for the men's game. They weren't a top team, but they were good and competitive in the conference. I believe they won the conference a couple times in the mid-90s. The women's games were so much fun. They were legit good.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    New coach needs be objective and determine current roster viability. I wouldn't commit to any current players, and give them a chance to look for schools to transfer to, or return to their countries. Be honest, none of these players are D1, certainly not D1 starters, for ANY team. New coach needs to have connections with AAU coaches from competitive areas for the country.
    How many D1 players are there in the conference? As bad as we were we still won some D1 games.

Anyone that says NDSU wasn't a women's basketball school wasn't around in the late 80's early 90's. I went to almost every game men's and women's during that time and the women's game was where everyone wanted to be.