Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the next head coach for women's basketball at NDSU

Default Re: Who is the next head coach for women's basketball at NDSU

What do you think Western's Illinois coach makes? JD Gravina he would have more resourced to work with her than what he has accomplished at Western.

Dave Slifer - Central Missouri coach would be a great hire. https://ucmathletics.com/coaches.aspx?rc=747

MSUM and Duluth head coach should get a look to. I would prefer somebody who has been a head coach before and/or has rebuilt programs.

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    McFeely has a podcast up with Dom Izzo talking about the WBB situation. Izzo confirms none of the Ms Basketball finals sts in the state were even contacted by NDSU. That right there should be grounds for dismissal

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    I just finished listening to that and was going to post the same thing but you beat me to it. A couple other things that stood out to me that's been talked about here before. One was the fact that scholarships were not being filled out and this seemed to be a yearly issue, even with Dehoff. Another point was the failed international experiment. I just shake my head at that, knowing that there are players in the tri-state area that weren't even getting contacted by Walseth, and ended up going to other places. Missing out on home town players like the one from Davies. The outrageously high attrition rate. They could have talked for an hour more on this.

Last but not least, proof that McFeely reads Bisonville, he levels some Taco John smack on Brookings. I don't care what anyone thinks, I like that guy. Keep stirring things up Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    Here is a top 30 list of potentially available head coaches, please send this to ML:

https://highposthoops.com/2018/11/12...should-know/2/

Look at the ones from Rice, Uconn, Duquesne and U of Alaska, Anchorage.

Tina Langley, Rice head coach- When Langley took the Rice job, the Owls had recorded just one winning season in the previous eight. Now? Year two the team won 22 games, as well as the WBI championship. Last season they won 23 games- the second most in school history- and made it to the second round of the WNIT. She has Power 5 experience- she was the associate head coach at Maryland for seven seasons prior to Rice- and has now proven herself at one of the top academic institutions in the nation. Langley will be getting a lot of phone calls from a lot of ADs, and it’s going to happen soon.
    Why would she leave Rice for NDSU?

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Money....get out the checkbook....it costs money to win
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SC_TX View Post
    She wouldn't That's dreaming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    What do you think Western's Illinois coach makes? JD Gravina he would have more resourced to work with her than what he has accomplished at Western.

Dave Slifer - Central Missouri coach would be a great hire. https://ucmathletics.com/coaches.aspx?rc=747

MSUM and Duluth head coach should get a look to. I would prefer somebody who has been a head coach before and/or has rebuilt programs.
    Do you hire a male? That means only one female coach (Lopez) in the athletic department (two if you count cheerleading).
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me

Quote Originally Posted by BlueKeyAlum View Post
    Do you hire a male? That means only one female coach (Lopez) in the athletic department (two if you count cheerleading).
    IMO you hire the best coach you can.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    IMO you hire the best coach you can.
    Agree with this statement. (even though I mentioned a female coach earlier). Best person for the position. PERIOD
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SC_TX View Post

I think she is a good coach with Texas connections that might not transfer up to the Midwest region. Her top players are the The younger and shorter Ogwumike Sisters (older sisses Nneka and Chiney were all Americans at Stanford) who transferred back to Texas after a year at Pepperdine and another transfer originally from Texas, 6'9" Nancy Mulkey, returned home after one year at Oklahoma.

And again, why leave Rice for. NDSU.
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It was just a suggestion from a hotlist of possible available coaches from that report. https://highposthoops.com/2018/11/12...should-know/2/

My point is that there are coaches out there that can turn programs around in a short time and there are many other top assistants on that list too from other places. And remember, "money talks". How much was the Walseth contract per year? How much was Ruley making back in her days as coach? What is our budget next year for this position?
    Let's Go Bison!!!