Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the next head coach for women's basketball at NDSU

Default Re: Who is the next head coach for women's basketball at NDSU

for anyone still clamoring for MSUM Karla Nelson .... a Big Fat NO !! she just was awarded the "Tom Clifford UND Achievement Award"

OH HELL NO.

Kelly Roysland Gopher is who I call, she'd take it in a Heartbeat. she's a great Minnesota recruiter which is what NDSU needs https://gophersports.com/coaches.asp...88&path=wbball
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    for anyone still clamoring for MSUM Karla Nelson .... a Big Fat NO !! she just was awarded the "Tom Clifford UND Achievement Award"

OH HELL NO.

Kelly Roysland Gopher is who I call, she'd take it in a Heartbeat. she's a great Minnesota recruiter which is what NDSU needs https://gophersports.com/coaches.asp...88&path=wbball
    Has either even applied, or are they actively pursuing anyone in particular? This is what we don't know as long as there is radio silence.

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I thought it was interesting that Jeff and Dom said something to the effect of applicants having to reach semifinalist status before open records laws are relevant. So that is why we haven't heard boo about candidates to this point.
    That can't be right. Remember when UND was hiring their FB coach and Chuck the Pigskin applied. Unless Chuck the Pigskin was in fact a semifinalist.....

So does that mean during the Walseth hiring process NDSU didn't have to release the list of apps but they decided to anyway? This thread from 2014 shows that Jeff and Dom got names of some who applied. http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...rst-Applicants

Quote Originally Posted by JSUBison View Post
    That can't be right. Remember when UND was hiring their FB coach and Chuck the Pigskin applied. Unless Chuck the Pigskin was in fact a semifinalist.....

So does that mean during the Walseth hiring process NDSU didn't have to release the list of apps but they decided to anyway? This thread from 2014 shows that Jeff and Dom got names of some who applied. http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...rst-Applicants
    If I remember correctly, I think the law was amended.

Different type of search but a couple of years ago there was a Deans search at NDSU where they refused to release any names until the 3 finalists.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by nodak651 View Post
    If I remember correctly, I think the law was amended.
    The law was changed and only names are released when they get to the semi-final stage of the process.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Well, it's been a month and nothing has been publicly announced. And no rumors to my knowledge. Anyone have any idea why it's taking long to hear anything at all?

Quote Originally Posted by summitfever View Post
    Well, it's been a month and nothing has been publicly announced. And no rumors to my knowledge. Anyone have any idea why it's taking long to hear anything at all?
    I KNOW WHY...

because we are getting nobodies for applications...... sad really. that's why ADMIN can't just sit back and weed thru garbage resumes, drive to minneapolis, take Kelly Roysland out to Manny's and tell her we will double her current salary and voila . we are done. (she's at $100k)

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I KNOW WHY...

because we are getting nobodies for applications...... sad really. that's why ADMIN can't just sit back and weed thru garbage resumes, drive to minneapolis, take Kelly Roysland out to Manny's and tell her we will double her current salary and voila . we are done. (she's at $100k)
    yeah its that simple....you do realize a coach at a STATE university is a STATE employee and hiring guidelines need to be followed EOE, Its not a private sector job. They cant just Go wine and dine, throw a salary figure out and BOOM.. I know you know better so just stop

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    yeah its that simple....you do realize a coach at a STATE university is a STATE employee and hiring guidelines need to be followed EOE, Its not a private sector job. They cant just Go wine and dine, throw a salary figure out and BOOM.. I know you know better so just stop
    haha.. i know. but NDSU admin has never been too proactive and soliticing in most endeavors.