Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the next head coach for women's basketball at NDSU

Default Re: Who is the next head coach for women's basketball at NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Ya, legally it would have to be defined, but 40-106 should qualify.
    Article says she was 72-105 but it cant be wrong, it also says they signed her contract in 2104

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How is that not in the contract already?

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Note to file:

Recent comments by "experts" during this years Men's NCAA tourney state that teams with happy and positive coaching styles win and finish more games than teams with cranky, crabby and YELLING type of coaching styles...................
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Just buy out the contract they said...this sure make it look like its not that easy. I agree that all she did was not win games, doubt any of the rest of the negative applies. But that's for others to interpret.
    Actually it is easy, unless you want to spend less then the contract stipulates, which is what it sounds like here. Apparently both sides want to move on so it should still get worked out fairly quick and easy and perhaps save NDSU some money.

Why hasn't the media requested the list of candidates by now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Actually it is easy, unless you want to spend less then the contract stipulates, which is what it sounds like here. Apparently both sides want to move on so it should still get worked out fairly quick and easy and perhaps save NDSU some money.
    I'm guessing there was some "preliminary" verbal numbers thrown about between Walseth camp and NDSU that's how the "mutual agreement" came about. They felt numbers were close enough that they can get a deal done. But legally got to dot the Is and cross the Ts so you don't leave an opening as to hey you know what F you I want all my money (or I'm not paying you any money) when they put something on paper. To me sounds like everyone is doing it right in getting this thing "written" so it doesn't come back to haunt anyone. I didn't read anything saying that it couldn't be done but that it isn't as simple as hey we're going to pay you $X of what your last year was worth and put it on paper and it's done. There is more work to it than that. NDSU probably hasn't done this much so they're getting up to speed on this one.

Tim Miles is availabel

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Tim Miles is availabel
    He and Saul. Twitter would break
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    Found it:

Head Women's Basketball Coach
    SAVED

North Dakota State University
    Fargo, ND
    Apply on NCAA Career Center
    Apply on JobsHQApply on HigherEdJobs
    13 days agoFull-time
    Reporting directly to the Deputy Director of Athletics, the head coach is responsible for planning and executing a comprehensive NCAA Division I women's basketball program. This includes recruiting, hiring assistants, fund-raising, public relations, and other duties as assigned.

Minimum Qualifications:
    • Bachelor’s degree.
    • Strong background in basketball skill analysis and techniques.
    • Thorough knowledge of and commitment to compliance with NCAA rules and regulations.
    • Commitment to the academic success of student-athletes with emphasis on graduation success.
    • Experience in motivating players and staff to achieve maximum levels of performance.
    • Evidence of ability to interact positively with student-athletes, parents, colleagues and the public, understanding the importance of interaction with all levels of support groups and fund raising efforts.
    • Strong background in media interaction.
    • Evidence of strong organizational skills.
    • Demonstration of effective oral and written communication skills.
    • Demonstrated professional behavior.

Preferred Qualifications:
    • Evidence of successful experience in coaching and recruiting basketball at a competitive intercollegiate level.
    • Experience in conducting camps, clinics and tournaments
    Typical pay for this type of work

ZipRecruiter
    $22.5k–99.4kper year
    Basketball Operations
    Based on local employers
    Putting a range of 22.5k to 99.4 k will not attract any quality candidates. What are we going backwards in pay? Didnt Walseth make 150?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

NCAA Career Center where applications are taken lists the salary as commensurate with experience.
    https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/120...sketball-coach
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix