Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the next head coach for women's basketball at NDSU

Default Re: Who is the next head coach for women's basketball at NDSU

I am new here as a poster, but have followed this board for several years. I specifically joined to share some thoughts about your team as it relates to my daughter’s recruitment process. She plays for one of your SL competitors to the south, but was “recruited” by MW and NDSU a few years ago, if you can call it that.... Yes, we did get a call from MW on September 1st of her junior year. But that was it, until the end of May the following year. In between September and May, my daughter got recruited by approximately 50 division 1 schools and had offers from a dozen of them. We had nonstop contact from coaches of all levels at about two dozen schools. We did unofficial visits, home visits, and then official visits at two schools. In the end of May, my daughter got a call from MW. This call lasted about 45 minutes, and at the end of the call there was a scholarship offer. No personal home visit, no “get to know you” phase, nothing. We thought it very strange, and my daughter and I looked at each other and said “I wonder who just said no to them “. Eventually, my daughter told MW no, and MW was very upset that we were choosing one of the schools that we had been talking to for nine months. If this is the way she was treating all potential recruits, it’s no wonder that your team is in the position that it is in right now. You need a coach that can actively recruit girls and make them feel like they are special and that they were chosen. Not to make them feel like a third or fourth choice after everyone else said no.
    Last edited by WBB Fan; 04-17-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WBB Fan View Post
    I am new here as a poster, but have followed this board for several years. I specifically joined to share some thoughts about your team as it relates to my daughter’s recruitment process. She plays for one of your SL competitors to the south, but was “recruited” by MW and NDSU a few years ago, if you can call it that.... Yes, we did get a call from MW on September 1st of her junior year. But that was it, until the end of May the following year. In between September and May, my daughter got recruited by approximately 50 division 1 schools and had offers from a dozen of them. We had nonstop contact from coaches of all levels at about two dozen schools. We did unofficial visits, home visits, and then official visits at two schools. In the end of May, my daughter got a call from MW. This call lasted about 45 minutes, and at the end of the call there was a scholarship offer. No personal home visit, no “get to know you” phase, nothing. We thought it very strange, and my daughter and I looked at each other and said “I wonder who just said no to them “. Eventually, my daughter told MW no, and MW was very upset that we were choosing one of the schools that we had been talking to for nine months. If this is the way she was treating all potential recruits, it’s no wonder that your team is in the position that it is in right now. You need a coach that can actively recruit girls and make them feel like they are special and that they were chosen. Not to make them feel like a third or fourth choice after everyone else said no.
    Thanks Mr Irwin. hopefully our new coach will know better.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by WBB Fan View Post
    Thanks for posting. I don’t believe any of this is a surprise to anyone here who has been paying attention to NDSU WBB the last many years.

Also, I would not jump to the conclusion that your daughter was lower on the list of recruits than other players and that the “offer” call came only after others declined; rather, I’d opt that the “recruiting” she experienced from MW was just MW’s terrible/incompetent way of recruiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

MW was probably the laziest coach in our school's history... in so far as recruiting.... Hence overloaded with low-skilled euro players... How the hell did she recruit them? Hi-lite film? So bogus... anyone can look like Labron in hand selected hi-lites. That is why scouting/recruiting/multiple visits to their schools, phone calls letters.. all important to make the recruit they are the number one choice, even though they may be twentieth on the list. They all need this kind of attention.. But when you have a do nothing coach and incompetent recruiter like MW this is what you get. 40-108 in 5 years. And again her first year was her best, without ANY of her own players.

Two names I've heard we should be on the lookout for in the finalist pool.
    Chuck Love - Assistant at Nebraska (followed Amy Williams there from USD)
    Jory Collins - Assistant at Kansas (won a D2 National Championship in 2010 at Emporia State)

I'd be good with either one. Both have histories of success, and both would bring in Midwest recruiting ties.

Quote Originally Posted by mdk23 View Post
    Two names I've heard we should be on the lookout for in the finalist pool.
    Chuck Love - Assistant at Nebraska (followed Amy Williams there from USD)
    Jory Collins - Assistant at Kansas (won a D2 National Championship in 2010 at Emporia State)

I'd be good with either one. Both have histories of success, and both would bring in Midwest recruiting ties.
    Good one. Chuck is preferred, but gender issue may be a factor... wait 'n see

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    Good one. Chuck is preferred, but gender issue may be a factor... wait 'n see
    Brief article with the names of the four finalists - https://www.inforum.com/sports/baske...32I4-o.twitter
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

I think Chuck could do a great job if he is given the job. He would be my pick of the 4 finalists.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    Brief article with the names of the four finalists - https://www.inforum.com/sports/baske...32I4-o.twitter
    Wow! Look at Drake go (Allison Pohlman Assistant Head Coach)
    27-7 this year, 17-1 MVC.
    Wins at Nebraska and South Dakota.

Pohlman is a former Northern Iowa player and assistant coach.
    Hmmm, where have I read this script before......

Pohlman was inducted in the UNI Athletics Hall of Fame in the fall of 2011.

The Wellsburg, Iowa native and her husband, Kirk, have triplet daughters, Quinn, Rubie and Sidny. Pohlman holds a bachelor's of science in dietetics and a master's degree in Health Education from UNI.
    https://godrakebulldogs.com/coaches.aspx?rc=801

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    broken link oh well