Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the next head coach for women's basketball at NDSU

Default Re: Who is the next head coach for women's basketball at NDSU

This talk of a pending new coach has got me excited for the women's program. The school, community and state are ready to have North Dakota State take its rightful place on top (or at least not at the bottom) of the conference. Lets Go Bison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Meaty --- I've been a fan of WBB for a very long time.
    I was ready for this downhill crap to be done for the last 13-14 years.
    I'm hopeful, but after that many years I'm not gonna hold my breath either.
    I hope they get it correct this time. I'm sick & tired of waiting.

I think people might be discouraged with how long it takes to bring the program back.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I think people might be discouraged with how long it takes to bring the program back.
    Basketball is a different animal, one or two difference makers can turn a team around quickly. I also think outside of the two SD schools the rest of the league is gettable. We are lacking talent right now, no doubt, but I think the right coach should be able to leverage our facilities to get us to a place where we are competing again.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Basketball is a different animal, one or two difference makers can turn a team around quickly. I also think outside of the two SD schools the rest of the league is gettable. We are lacking talent right now, no doubt, but I think the right coach should be able to leverage our facilities to get us to a place where we are competing again.

Summit WBB was pretty pathetic minus SD teams this season. Just bad... Opportunities abound for a coach who will work at it.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post

This. BB can turn around in a hurry if the coach is at all capable. That's why there is no reason to be giving out 5-6 year contracts. If they can't show improvement in 2-3 years they can be replaced.

Next year if we can go three straight possessions without me feeling embarrassed for the girls I’ll like where we’re at.

Okay, I am a football guy so bear with me (although I have watched more Bison BB this year than in the past 10 combined). There are only 2 Seniors on the team so does the new hire just suck it up and deal with MW's players the best he/she can or are they likely to be replaced if possible?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Name me some big time Twin Cities players playing D1 ball right now? The pool isn't as deep as you think
    Scheid - Northwestern
    Dean - Drake
    Hedstrom, Walker, 2 others - Lehigh
    Backes - Wisconsin
    Koenen - UNC
    Haack - Bradley
    Sjerven - USD
    Hollie - Michigan State
    Robson - Green Bay
    I could probably list two dozen more, but I think you get the picture.

Okay, I am a football guy so bear with me (although I have watched more Bison BB this year than in the past 10 combined). There are only 2 Seniors on the team so does the new hire just suck it up and deal with MW's players the best he/she can or are they likely to be replaced if possible?
    Actually, only one senior. Rylee will most likely be on the team. Tyrah pulled the plug on her career.