Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the next head coach for women's basketball at NDSU

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Who is the next head coach for women's basketball at NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    I'm all in on Jory Collins. He's the only one with head coaching experience it appears and a successful one at that. Also is a good recruiter which is just as important as we have come to learn. I'm afraid to go down that 'hire an assistant from a good program with a successful head coach which automatically translates to the assistants will be just as successful' road again...
    I'm thinking the same!

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    I'm thinking the same!
    I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here. Jory is probably the heavy favorite but consider this. He took over an Emporia State squad that had just won a national championship and was already a D2 power. He basically kept the train on the tracks for 7 years before taking the assistant coaching gig at KU. Obviously that is no easy task but it is light years easier then what he will face here. Love has been part of two major rebuilds including one in our own conference and probably has a pretty good idea what kind of an athlete it takes to win in the Summit. His current salary is almost 150k so he obviously doesn't want the job because it's a huge pay raise. There isn't a lot of info on the gal from Drake but hopefully she would be able to recruit well given her experience which would be a huge plus for us. With that said, we have been there done that and it hasn't turned out so well. The other candidate from Denver is DOA.
    Last edited by AKBison; 04-19-2019 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here. Jory is probably the heavy favorite but consider this. He took over an Emporia State squad that had just won a national championship and was already a D2 power. He basically kept the train on the tracks for 7 years before taking the assistant coaching gig at KU. Obviously that is no easy task but it is light years easier then what he will face here. Love has been part of two major rebuilds including one in our own conference and probably has a pretty good idea what kind of an athlete it takes to win in the Summit. His current salary is almost 150k so he obviously doesn't want the job because it's a huge pay raise. There isn't a lot of info on the gal from Drake but hopefully she would be able to recruit well given her experience which would be a huge plus for us. With that said, we have been there done that and it hasn't turned out so well. The other candidate from Denver is DOA.
    MW was getting 198 K. If he got that 32% strikes me as a big increase.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    MW was getting 198 K. If he got that 32% strikes me as a big increase.
    My bad then, thought she was making 160'ish. Jury is making high 80's. Either candidate would be a huge upgrade over what we had.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    she lied about her connections or oversold them. gene taylor got snookered or didnt do his research.
    Name me some big time Twin Cities players playing D1 ball right now? The pool isn't as deep as you think

Hoping it's Love or Collins. I think either can turn this program around.

Love and Collins are also my top two picks but I think the Drake assistant is also interesting. That program has been doing some nice things.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Love and Collins are also my top two picks but I think the Drake assistant is also interesting. That program has been doing some nice things.
    they will all have their good points and bad points, and to be sure that when it is announced people on Bisonville will continue to rip them to shreds if they do not see what they like :0) :0)

wonder how ML will handle the interviews. Bring to Fargo, Telephone or Video conference, will he fly to their locations. I know he said previously that no further announcement will be made until the coach is hired.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    they will all have their good points and bad points, and to be sure that when it is announced people on Bisonville will continue to rip them to shreds if they do not see what they like :0) :0)

wonder who ML will handle the interviews. Bring to Fargo, Telephone or Video conference, will he fly to their locations. I know he said previously that no further announcement will be made until the coach is hired.
    Kolpack did say that he saw Collins on campus, so I would guess he is brining them to campus.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Kolpack did say that he saw Collins on campus, so I would guess he is brining them to campus.
    Let the stalking begin.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix