Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the next head coach for women's basketball at NDSU

Hybrid View

Default Who is the next head coach for women's basketball at NDSU

Might was well get a new thread started.
    Who is the next coach. I know there has been some mentioned in other threads. Mods could maybe move them over to here or people that posted them can repost here.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Default Re: Who is the next head coach for women's basketball at NDSU

Amy Ruley, Janelle McCarville, Maya Moore, Simone Agustus, Lindsay Whalen.

Those are all of the names I know in Womens Basketball.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

According to the posting for the position, screening of applicants will start on March 25, 2019.

http://jobs.ndsu.edu/postings/10111

Here is the link.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    According to the posting for the position, screening of applicants will start on March 25, 2019.

Here is the link.
    Hey whats missing on that posting??

You know...

WIN AT ALL COST or be eaten alive by BV...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post

Here is the link.
    The qualifications are very broad. I didn't see any coaching experience requirements unless I missed it. Must be very much a national search.

Shouldn't BV be involved in the screening of applicants? I didn't get any notifications.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    The qualifications are very broad. I didn't see any coaching experience requirements unless I missed it. Must be very much a national search.
    I think a number of the minimum qualifications strongly imply experience is required.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

How about this gal.

A national Coach of the Year honoree as well as the head coach of the USA Basketball Women's U16 and U17 National Teams, Carla Berube is in her 17th season leading the Jumbos.

Coach Berube guided Tufts into the NCAA "Final Four" in four consecutive seasons (2014-17), including two straight appearances in the national championship game. During her tenure, the team has received 10 NCAA berths overall and has a 30-12 record in those games (.714 winning percentage).

Presented with the Pat Summitt Trophy as the 2015 United States Marine Corps / Women's Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA) NCAA Division III National Coach of the Year, Coach Berube's teams have compiled a 356-93 overall record for an outstanding .793 winning percentage that ranks 10th among active coaches in Division III.

In April 2017, Berube was selected head coach of the USA Basketball Women's U16 National Team by the USA Basketball Women's Developmental National Team Committee. She guided the team to a 5-0 record at the International Basketball Federation (FIBA) Americas Championship in Argentina including a 91-46 win over Canada to win the gold medal. That victory qualified Coach Berube and the team for a berth in the 2018 FIBA U17 World Cup, which they won this past summer including a 92-40 victory over France in the final. In December 2017, she was a co-recipients of the USA Basketball Developmental Coach of the Year Award. As a player, she had been a member of the bronze medalist team at the 1994 U.S. Olympic Festival.

Tufts is well established as a national power under Coach Berube. The Jumbos have a 144-16 overall record since the 2013-14 season when they made their first "Final Four" appearance. Berube was the WBCA's NCAA Division III Regional Coach of the Year for three consecutive seasons from 2013-15, and repeated as D3hoops.com Northeast Region Coach of the Year in 2014-15. She was also selected by the WBCA as the New England Coach of the Year for the 2007-08 season, giving her four of those honors overall. The team's final records of 30-3 in 2016-17, 30-3 in 2014-15, 30-3 in 2013-14, 28-4 in 2015-16, 26-4 in 2007-08, 26-5 in 2017-18, 25-3 in 2012-13, 23-7 in 2011-2012, 22-5 in 2008-09 and 21-6 in 2009-10 - all achieved under Coach Berube - are the best win totals in Jumbo history.

In the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC), Coach Berube has guided Tufts to two conference titles and eight league championship games overall. The team has a 47-3 record against league opponents from 2014-18 and an 88-17 record against conference opponents since 2007. Berube is a five-time NESCAC Coach of the Year.

The Jumbos are one of the top defensive teams in the nation each year under Coach Berube. They were sixth nationally in scoring defense last season allowing 48.3 points per game, second nationally in 2017 allowing 43.2 points per game and led the country with a 47.5 mark for 2015-16.

Berube's recruits have been among the nation's best athletically and academically. Tufts was the only team in the country with two players on the 10-member WBCA All-America team in 2017 as Michela North and Melissa Baptista were honored. Baptista repeated as a WBCA All-American last year while current junior Erica DeCandido received an honorable mention All-American award. Current assistant coach Lauren Dillon graduated last year as the Tufts program's all-time leader in assists and steals. North graduated in 2017 as the program's all-time leading scorer and rebounder, as well as a three-time All-American. Academically, North was also a Capital One Academic All-District® Team member in 2017, while guard/forward Hannah Foley was a three-time Capital One Academic All-District® Team member from 2012-15. Three Jumbos were on the NESCAC All-Academic team in 2017-18 for carrying grade point averages of 3.4 or better.

Tufts is also commited to community service under Coach Beurbe. The program has had two Team IMPACT teammates, partnering with the non-profit that works to improve kids’ quality of life and help them experience the camaraderie of collegiate sports. Many team members are also Big Sisters.

A 1997 UConn graduate, Coach Berube was a member of the Huskies' 1995 NCAA Division I national championship team. She played professionally in the American Basketball League before getting into coaching as an assistant at Providence College. She was hired at Tufts in 2002.

Carla and her wife, Meghan, reside in Medford with their son, Parker, and daughter, Brogan.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Gino Auriemma. Becky Hammond.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Will be interesting to see the candidates.