Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Walseth is Out!

Default Re: Walseth is Out!

Too bad, really wish this would have worked out, but obviously it was not working. NDSU would have finished in the bottom half of the NSIC.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Does this mean Sarah Jacobsen is gonna come back?
    Good question, but the real question would the new coach welcome her back?
    No real reason for the dismissal was given but either party.

someone is going to inherit a complete dumpster fire, hopefully someone with some ambition that has talent sees this as an opportunity to prove themselves.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Really?
    How much money was lost in ticket revenue? How much prestige was lost due to her poor job performance?

If she didn't see this coming would show a total lack of self awareness.
    Calm down.

I am NOT saying they shouldn't have let her go. With what the program is at and their record she should have been let go long ago. As I said earlier; I was simply commenting on imabison's remark about "what does it matter." It does matter.

So much potential here for ticket revenue. Back in the hey days, we would average between 2 and 3 k per game. Now were lucky to get 500. The Summit is set up perfectly for good attendance with rivals like UND, USD, and SDSU all a short drive. If we can put a good product on the floor, some good revenue potential. Would help to play some double headers

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    So much potential here for ticket revenue. Back in the hey days, we would average between 2 and 3 k per game. Now were lucky to get 500. The Summit is set up perfectly for good attendance with rivals like UND, USD, and SDSU all a short drive. If we can put a good product on the floor, some good revenue potential. Would help to play some double headers
    They did this year but would kick you out after the women's game. I skipped the women's game despite the doubleheader. Maybe if the product get better then I am all in for twin bill.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    They did this year but would kick you out after the women's game. I skipped the women's game despite the doubleheader. Maybe if the product get better then I am all in for twin bill.
    Kicked out, poor term, you are asked to go to the north or south lobby for about 30 minutes. Not outside, they learned after the first year. Just a roped off area and reopened 1 hours prior to mens game.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Kicked out, poor term, you are asked to go to the north or south lobby for about 30 minutes. Not outside, they learned after the first year. Just a roped off area and reopened 1 hours prior to mens game.
    Maybe a little harsh, yes you got to stay in the building.

I was done early with my things I needed to do while in town and I went to the SHAC early. The womens game had like 3 minutes left to play and it was close. I thought well I will go in and catch the end of the game. Yes I did not have a ticket for the womens game. I asked the ticket boy if I could go in and caught the last 3 minutes of the game. He said no since I did not have a ticket. He was correct, but since there was only 3 minutes left and only 300 people in there I did not see the big deal. So I turned around and went out to the pickup and listened to Bison 1660 for the final minutes of the game.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Maybe a little harsh, yes you got to stay in the building.

I was done early with my things I needed to do while in town and I went to the SHAC early. The womens game had like 3 minutes left to play and it was close. I thought well I will go in and catch the end of the game. Yes I did not have a ticket for the womens game. I asked the ticket boy if I could go in and caught the last 3 minutes of the game. He said no since I did not have a ticket. He was correct, but since there was only 3 minutes left and only 300 people in there I did not see the big deal. So I turned around and went out to the pickup and listened to Bison 1660 for the final minutes of the game.
    Agree thats a bit harsh, but the ticket guy would not have been there if it not been a doubleheader. I can see your point, but if he took you ticket you could not have gotten back in for the mens game. Caught between a rock and a hard place you were...

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Well, according to Walseth:

"Although I am disappointed with our lack of on-court success, the Bison women's basketball has grown and thrived in ways the general public does not always witness. "
    https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...sketball-coach
    Their English got better?
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)