Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How About that Matt Larsen Guy!!

Default Re: How About that Matt Larsen Guy!!

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    College rules by the state are no 2 people can be in the same position at the same time. I heard that from an NDSU employee. Not referring to any specific position.
    If you're fired, you're not in that position anymore. However, if your contract is guaranteed, you're still getting paid.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    College rules by the state are no 2 people can be in the same position at the same time. I heard that from an NDSU employee. Not referring to any specific position.
    There are buyout clauses. No on would be in the same position; just no one wants to pay the buyout.

Congratulations Matt ! Keep up the good work.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So far Matt's legacy is keeping the train on the tracks here at NDSU. That is no small feat but facility wise, we haven't really done anything since he came on board other than finish GT's projects. The softball stadium was on the books already but he did the final fundraising to get it done. Now, if he can get the IPF quickly funded and built he will jump up a rung in my book. I know I'm being overly critical and we are damn lucky to have him but consider this. During his tenure, both the men's and women's basketball programs have tanked and the SHAC reno turned into a debacle (not really his fault). He will have an opportunity to rectify two of this situations. Within the next two years he will have likely hired a new football, M basketball and W basketball coach so he definitely has an opportunity to make his mark here.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    So far Matt's legacy is keeping the train on the tracks here at NDSU. That is no small feat but facility wise, we haven't really done anything since he came on board other than finish GT's projects. The softball stadium was on the books already but he did the final fundraising to get it done. Now, if he can get the IPF quickly funded and built he will jump up a rung in my book. I know I'm being overly critical and we are damn lucky to have him but consider this. During his tenure, both the men's and women's basketball programs have tanked and the SHAC reno turned into a debacle (not really his fault). He will have an opportunity to rectify two of this situations. Within the next two years he will have likely hired a new football, M basketball and W basketball coach so he definitely has an opportunity to make his mark here.
    You forgot he lined up Cost of attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    And fully funding all scholarships in all sports.

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    So did UND, so did USD, and soon SDSU. It's definetely an accomplishment but was more about the cost of doing business if we wanted to stay competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    And fully funding all scholarships in all sports.
    Fair point...

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    So did UND, so did USD, and soon SDSU. It's definetely an accomplishment but was more about the cost of doing business if we wanted to stay competitive.
    It strikes me more like the other schools following NDSU in an attempt to stay competitive.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    It strikes me more like the other schools following NDSU in an attempt to stay competitive.
    ^^^This. No way would the other schools, especially copy cat UN_ have given out cost of attendance if Matt Larsen hadn't come out with it first.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA