Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: How About that Matt Larsen Guy!!

Default Re: How About that Matt Larsen Guy!!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Larsen’s a putz. The SDSU semifinal game was a half century to the day since NDSU won their second natty by beating Arkansas St in the Pecan Bowl. I thought NDSU should do something at the game to commemorate this historic event so I reached out to him. He told me no, that’s not what “we” do. He said that team is in the hall of fame and we don’t need to do anything more.

I replied that doing something to acknowledge that game and natty would tell all future recruits that if you do something special we will continue to celebrate it 50 years later. He said this subject is a non-starter.

Larsen is a fucking idiot, end of story. The sooner he is gone the sooner we will have an AD who can rub two brain cells together.
    BisonNeil has an extreme passion for the Bison Football Program and its long history, and his post obviously reflects his frustration with the current athletic administration. I can give him a pass on that even though I would not go to the same conclusion he has! But to go to his suggestion, to periodically honor past Bison Teams or players is spot on and should be given some time and consideration by the AD. For those of us that are 60+ years old and have witnessed the beginnings of the Bison Dynasty in the 1960s, 70s and 80s and even before those years, we believe that the foundations of what we now know as Bison Football was formed by those teams and players. The culture of the program, the fan following and financial support, the national recognition, etc. was formed largely during that time period and set the foundation for today’s teams to have continued national success.

Ever look around the Fargo dome during a game? There are a lot of fans that have been supporting Bison Football for a long time....lots of grey hair and wrinkled faces who have been going to games for a long time AND contributing a lot of money over the years. I would like to see the program and administration periodically honor past teams and players on field and show some film/video on the big board (more than just in a one-time selection to the Bison Hall of Fame) to recall how our program got to where it is now. It’s a valid suggestion...

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Larsen’s a putz. The SDSU semifinal game was a half century to the day since NDSU won their second natty by beating Arkansas St in the Pecan Bowl. I thought NDSU should do something at the game to commemorate this historic event so I reached out to him. He told me no, that’s not what “we” do. He said that team is in the hall of fame and we don’t need to do anything more.

I replied that doing something to acknowledge that game and natty would tell all future recruits that if you do something special we will continue to celebrate it 50 years later. He said this subject is a non-starter.

Larsen is a fucking idiot, end of story. The sooner he is gone the sooner we will have an AD who can rub two brain cells together.
    Pure speculation, but I would guess that if we asked Matt Larsen his version of this interaction it would be a bit different than what is painted here and probably make a lot of sense. But I could be off base.

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Pure speculation, but I would guess that if we asked Matt Larsen his version of this interaction it would be a bit different than what is painted here and probably make a lot of sense. But I could be off base.
    Plus it was not that long ago I believe that team was honored at homecoming . I met a bunch of them at a players function.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."