Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: How About that Matt Larsen Guy!!

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: How About that Matt Larsen Guy!!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Hummmm, the people with checkbooks care more about feteing the football team than making the basketball teams better.

Yep, that tracks.
    If I had that kinda cash to donate, I too would give it specifically to football, even if it was somewhat frivolous. Until basketball gets its house together, I wouldn't throw money at the situation. It is an institutional issue, not just a matter of coaching. I would first need to see that they have a real plan for the program. That has pretty much never been the case though.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Someone coughed up enough money to fly the football team to DC.
    THAT would be a whole lot easier for a private donor (& so much more enjoyable) than cutting a large check to cover a buyout.
    Last edited by bisonfanette; 03-10-2019 at 05:22 AM.

NDSU better have the money, it's a cost of doing business. If you don't expect to fire a coach once in awhile you shouldn't have sports. If a D1 institute can't afford a $150K buyout then they have bigger issues to deal with IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    NDSU better have the money, it's a cost of doing business. If you don't expect to fire a coach once in awhile you shouldn't have sports. If a D1 institute can't afford a $150K buyout then they have bigger issues to deal with IMO.
    I have to agree with this.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Larsen’s a putz. The SDSU semifinal game was a half century to the day since NDSU won their second natty by beating Arkansas St in the Pecan Bowl. I thought NDSU should do something at the game to commemorate this historic event so I reached out to him. He told me no, that’s not what “we” do. He said that team is in the hall of fame and we don’t need to do anything more.

I replied that doing something to acknowledge that game and natty would tell all future recruits that if you do something special we will continue to celebrate it 50 years later. He said this subject is a non-starter.

Larsen is a fucking idiot, end of story. The sooner he is gone the sooner we will have an AD who can rub two brain cells together.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Larsen is a fucking idiot, end of story. The sooner he is gone the sooner we will have an AD who can rub two brain cells together.
    Don't be so shy Tell us how you REALLY feel!!
    Damn, I'm Good!

#1 this award has 28 winners?

#2 1 of his suck up employees nominated him for it *cough cough todd phelps, troy goergen*

#3 He hasn't done anything except hold the steering wheel while program is on auto pilot, in fact the basketball programs dying are at his feet and doing NOTHING about FBS aspirations doesn't help either.

what a joke.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Larsen’s a putz. The SDSU semifinal game was a half century to the day since NDSU won their second natty by beating Arkansas St in the Pecan Bowl. I thought NDSU should do something at the game to commemorate this historic event so I reached out to him. He told me no, that’s not what “we” do. He said that team is in the hall of fame and we don’t need to do anything more.

I replied that doing something to acknowledge that game and natty would tell all future recruits that if you do something special we will continue to celebrate it 50 years later. He said this subject is a non-starter.

Maybe our next AD will do everything you suggest to him.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Default How About that Matt Larsen Guy!!

Some issues that I have with your "problem" towards Matt Larsen:

1) The NCAA "owns" the rights to the FCS Playoffs. I'm not sure how much freedom host schools (remember, the playing field is suppose to be neutral) have over what they can do.
    2) If the 50th anniversary of the second College Football Championship was so important, and it is, what happened to the importance of the first?
    3) Anniversaries of these magnitudes are big and time consuming. Last year, we celebrated the 20th anniversary of our 1998 National Championship. That took a lot of preparation and I believe at least four months to plan (kudos to Nick Magee for getting it done). I don't know when you contacted Matt Larsen about the idea, but I highly doubt NDSU could coordinate getting everything done in a short amount of time, especially considering how much else they have going on.

I think the idea was good, but something that probably should have been planned during the regular season, like Homecoming Weekend.

No need to degrade Matt Larsen over this. Dude has a lot on his plate, and as the award signifies, he's doing a great job.
    Last edited by Christopher Moen; 03-10-2019 at 08:11 AM.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I think you need a mirror to find the idiot in this scenario