Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: 3/10 Summit League Tourney Opener vs. Oral Roberts

Default Re: 3/10 Summit League Tourney Opener vs. Oral Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I was shocked to see us attack the basket; it was kind of like good coaching was happening.....(I will gave Dave credit as it was earned last night). They need to pound it in to Ward, Rocky, and Deng. Get the WIU guy in foul trouble. BTW, I want to see Rocky inside more. He needs to bang more like he does on the D end.
    It was nice to see someone step in when Shahid couldnt get to the basket and had someone of an off night. Utlilizing Ward inside was huge. And Cam/Horn stepping up to keep us in it early first half. Give Richman some credit for getting Horn in there for a spark. He also didnt sub as much 2nd half, and rode the same 5/6 guys. Thought the defense adjusted well 2nd half and did better job covering guys. ORU still got their OReb, but we didnt let them get back in it. FT kept the lead and it was an all around team win.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    It was nice to see someone step in when Shahid couldnt get to the basket and had someone of an off night. Utlilizing Ward inside was huge. And Cam/Horn stepping up to keep us in it early first half. Give Richman some credit for getting Horn in there for a spark. He also didnt sub as much 2nd half, and rode the same 5/6 guys. Thought the defense adjusted well 2nd half and did better job covering guys. ORU still got their OReb, but we didnt let them get back in it. FT kept the lead and it was an all around team win.
    Yep, I noticed that too. Rocky was playing so well on defense, it was the right thing to keep Deng on the bench considering we were bombing them at that point.......one of the few times I thought sitting Deng was the right thing to do. He did pull him way to early in the first half, however.....

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Glad for the win, just hope this doesn't mean that a certain coach gets his contract extended.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Yep, I noticed that too. Rocky was playing so well on defense, it was the right thing to keep Deng on the bench considering we were bombing them at that point.......one of the few times I thought sitting Deng was the right thing to do. He did pull him way to early in the first half, however.....
    ORU is a tough match up for Deng, good news is WIU is a much better match up and Deng and he will be fresh and ready to go only playing 8 minutes last nite. We are gonna need Rocky and Deng to hit a couple 3's tonight, make Gilbeck extend out and play defense away from the hoop. Will open up the drives for others and will put Gilbeck in situations where he will have to guard the ball away from the hoop, which will lead to fouls.

Who ever gets the assignment of Webster needs to be locked in. Cant let Webster get going early and get comfortable. He has to earn everything tonight.