Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Summit League Tournament

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default 2019 Summit League Tournament

Called yesterday to order my groups tickets through the NDSU allotment like I always do, was informed by the ticket office that NDSU didn't even take an allotment this year because they got stuck with too many tickets last year. Absolutely ridiculous that this team has lost so much support that our university isn't even backing them anymore

Default Re: 2019 Summit League Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Called yesterday to order my groups tickets through the NDSU allotment like I always do, was informed by the ticket office that NDSU didn't even take an allotment this year because they got stuck with too many tickets last year. Absolutely ridiculous that this team has lost so much support that our university isn't even backing them anymore
    Well then this should be another sign to the AD to make some long overdue changes within the basketball department.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's been the same way since Woodside and boys got done, the Bison fans just don't show up in Sioux Falls for the basketball tournament. It has nothing to do with this team, the fan support has not been there for the Summit tourney for years.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    It's been the same way since Woodside and boys got done, the Bison fans just don't show up in Sioux Falls for the basketball tournament. It has nothing to do with this team, the fan support has not been there for the Summit tourney for years.
    There's been a good turn out for the championship games we've been in but yeah it's not a lot of support through the rest of the tourney. I just can't believe our university doesn't even take a ticket allotment. That means any fans that do show will be scattered about the arena instead of being grouped together. Other than of course the coaches and players allotment. If anybody makes the trip down, feel free to come join us in the student section where we will be as obnoxious as we are every year.

There's been a good turn out for the championship games we've been in but yeah it's not a lot of support through the rest of the tourney. I just can't believe our university doesn't even take a ticket allotment. That means any fans that do show will be scattered about the arena instead of being grouped together. Other than of course the coaches and players allotment. If anybody makes the trip down, feel free to come join us in the student section where we will be as obnoxious as we are every year.
    We go to AZ in March/April for golf. If that trip some year does not happen. I will reassign those vacation days to the Summit Tourney in SF.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    Apart from team performance, this says something about the Summit League. I used to be pro-MVC. Not so much anymore. I'd prefer to be in an FBS conference, but if that's not going to happen, I've come around now to staying in the Summit League. But the Summit League needs to step up. Bringing Augie in isn't going to generate conference-wide excitement. Summit presidents should get over themselves and bring in GCU. Maybe aggressively go after NMSU as a partner. Waive entrance fees if you have to. Let's look west and bring in some decent, interesting teams.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

again IMO it comes down to people not wanting to take time off to go to SF, its not a destination, outside the BBall games there is NOTHING else unique to do

im not going to get excited to go to BWW, JL Beers, Sickies Garage, Scheels, ect ect its the same as we have

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    again IMO it comes down to people not wanting to take time off to go to SF, its not a destination, outside the BBall games there is NOTHING else unique to do

im not going to get excited to go to BWW, JL Beers, Sickies Garage, Scheels, ect ect its the same as we have
    I wonder if more Bison fans would pre-plan to attend if we became annual SL championship contenders?
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Outside of championship games the Bison turnout has always been bad. Hard to blame that on the school or coach. That has and will always be on the fans imo...

this is an OUTRAGE and should tell mr stony brook all he needs to know.

Richman has brought ZERO excitement to this program.

He has killed all momentum from the 3 NCAA trips.

Its embarassing, can you imagine a fast paced offense with fun and excitement going into summit tourney.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?