Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big XII Tournament

Default Re: Big XII Tournament

Really disappointing day. Good for Fogarty for wrestling great, but I'm really disappointed with the flat performance today. Outside of Fogarty and kind of Fleetwood, Cam is the only other one who might earn a spot thia weekend. De La Riva could still earn a spot but hasnt looked good.

Van maanen wrestled so well, then laid an egg in the third period and basically didnt ahow up to the next match. Metz wasnt in it and should not get a wild card. Weber wrestled fine, but got headlocked. Eaton wrestled fine, but the late takedown against orndorff was tough and ended his season.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Really disappointing day. Good for Fogarty for wrestling great, but I'm really disappointed with the flat performance today. Outside of Fogarty and kind of Fleetwood, Cam is the only other one who might earn a spot thia weekend. De La Riva could still earn a spot but hasnt looked good.

Van maanen wrestled so well, then laid an egg in the third period and basically didnt ahow up to the next match. Metz wasnt in it and should not get a wild card. Weber wrestled fine, but got headlocked. Eaton wrestled fine, but the late takedown against orndorff was tough and ended his season.
    Yeah, it's pretty much a disaster. I'm not confident about Cam getting an at-large either.

Great match by De La Riva. He has two matches left and if he wins one of them, he qualifies

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBison View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty much a disaster. I'm not confident about Cam getting an at-large either.
    I havent been following other tourneys, except B1G, but I think he gets one. He has enough quality wins despite the awful last couple weeks
    Last edited by Big Bird; 03-10-2019 at 01:31 AM.

Great match by De La Riva. He has two matches left and if he wins one of them, he qualifies
    I think he should be in good position for an at-large bid if he does get 6th, but watching him wrestle is gonna give me an ulcer.

Post season flop by the Bison, hmmm where have i seen this before.

Lorenzo won and will qualify, and now I am exhausted.

Couple big wins by De La Riva to take third. His finish vs Hastings took a year off my life.

Weber lost twice today and takes 6th. No chance he qualifies

I havent been following other tourneys, except B1G, but I think he gets one. He has enough quality wins despite the awful last couple weeks
    My biggest concern there is the emphasis that they seem to put on finishing one place out. I think that's why they wrestled 7th place matches at the Big 12 in weights with 6 AQ spots. But, so far it still looks OK. I think Pengilly from Stanford and Guillen from Ohio both come out ahead on that aspect. Noah Gonser is the last guy trying to claim his own spot.

Hansel is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Both Bison lose in the finals