Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposed Rule Changes

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Proposed Rule Changes

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...ting-protocols

These are not approved yet but the rules committee approved them as proposals. The rules committee is made of coaches and administrators so these aren't coming from any officials.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Proposed Rule Changes

Suspending a player for a game after their second targeting call in a season is BS.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Why wasn't this posted in the "Snowflake Football Rules" thread? It certainly fits.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Suspending a player for a game after their second targeting call in a season is BS.
    Agree. Things happen so fast I still think most targeting fouls are not intentional.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Agree. Things happen so fast I still think most targeting fouls are not intentional.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I would argue the opposite. There are more hits that have the indicators but aren't fouls (and aren't called) than those incorrectly called. Ultimately what they are trying to do on tackles is to get them to wrap up rather than hit. If you approach the runner with your head or shoulder to hit them rather than just tackle them you are more likely to commit targeting. That behavior doesn't seem to have changed.

The blind side block rule will likely eliminate targeting on blocks because that's when most targeting fouls occur on blocks.

Targeting isn't that common anyway. How many do the Bison have in a season? Maybe 2 or 3 at most? I don't get to watch enough games to know.

Need a targeting 1 and 2 rule like technicals in basketball. If contact is due solely to bad form by defender then suspensions. If motion outside of defenders control creates contact then just yardage. My two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Need a targeting 1 and 2 rule like technicals in basketball. If contact is due solely to bad form by defender then suspensions. If motion outside of defenders control creates contact then just yardage. My two cents.
    If a runner lowers his head at the last second and that causes contact I don't think there should even be a penalty.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    If a runner lowers his head at the last second and that causes contact I don't think there should even be a penalty.
    It's only a foul if the defender hits him with the crown of his helmet. If the defender initiates with the crown it doesn't matter if he hits the runner in the helmet or the chest or the leg.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    It's only a foul if the defender hits him with the crown of his helmet. If the defender initiates with the crown it doesn't matter if he hits the runner in the helmet or the chest or the leg.

Damn your knowledge of the rules.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    It is a bit much and a lot of the penalties are unavoidable to begin with.

Please dont go with the OT proposal.