Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 3/2 @ pfw

Default Re: 3/2 @ pfw

Fort Wayne is a hot and cold team, they got crushed by WIU and put a decent beating on SDSU. It is also why they struggle to win it all in SF. Hard to put 3 good nights of shooting the basketball together and when you aren't great defensively going to be tough to win three games.

Usually we play awful in FW, so I will enoy the win for tonight. You can enjoy a road win and still not be happy about things with the team.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Didn't watch game, didn't read thread, saw the last possession highlight.... uhhh.... dribbled it around, 0 passes, shoot a contested 3 in a tie game.... like our coaches couldn't come up with something better than that? lucky he made it because it looks like terrible offense on many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Right because youth and inexperienced players on a milqutoast roster ahouldnt have any issues whatsoever on the road against the 3rd best summit team who is rich with experience.
    I'm still not sure why you think our roster isn't good enough to win this league with the right coaching staff. Tyson, Hunter, Samuelson Ghu have been here for 3 years, the addition of Vinnie who's our best PG since LA and addition of freshman like Sam they had the talent to win the league this season

We have a more talented roster than PFW, maybe even Omaha as well. With that said, it doesn't take much. The Summit is terrible this year.

PFW hasn't really done anything that is impressive outside of get hot one night and beat SDSU at home.

Quote Originally Posted by norm4life View Post
    Didn't watch game, didn't read thread, saw the last possession highlight.... uhhh.... dribbled it around, 0 passes, shoot a contested 3 in a tie game.... like our coaches couldn't come up with something better than that? lucky he made it because it looks like terrible offense on many levels.
    Well Richman did state on the post-game interview that he wanted Vinnie to get downhill but credited him making a big shot. Im sure Vinnie wanted to make sure it was the last shot of regulation and he had gotten blocked a few times at the rim late. I agree, it was contested, tough shot though.

We won. Glad to see. Gonna cheer for this team in SF and whatever happens happens. Well see what happens with coaching after it.

The roster isnt terrible. It also isnt anything special. Like the UND clowns contrary argument, it isnt a roster thats going to completely run away against any team in D1. The young kids are average to pretty good. Theres nothing special with the older kids.

The roster probably us right around where it is record wise, give or take 2-3 games.

I was looking at score at my phone while out to eat. We were up 66-59 with 12 secs left according to app. Saw Shahid hit a 3 to win 69-66 with 0.4 left. Is all this accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I was looking at score at my phone while out to eat. We were up 66-59 with 12 secs left according to app. Saw Shahid hit a 3 to win 69-66 with 0.4 left. Is all this accurate?
    We were up 4 with 30 seconds left after we had a shot clock violation. Konchar made a put back two with 22 seconds left. Ward threw the ball away and PFW made two free throws with 12 seconds left and then Vinnie won it.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I was tracking the game online and I'm pretty sure we were up 7 with 1:12 left.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013