Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2/28 @ South Dakota

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2/28 @ South Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    36 minutes for Samuelson....3 points.

19 minutes for Gue(zero turnovers), benched for the last 10 minutes.

I don't get it.
    Ol Richy has his GUYS----won't change---just like game adjustments--just like having a rotation----just like HOLDING LEADS and BLOWING THEM

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ksbisonfan View Post
    i didn't watch the game. Instead, i went to watch the #1 d2 team in the country, northwest missouri state. I was reminded of what good coaching looks like.

Just phenomenal ball movement with little wasted motion or stationary dribbling to drain the shot clock, sets run to free up the hottest shooter, the ball getting into the paint every possession with great shots early in the clock, physical and very fundamental defense, plays designed to score off the inbounds pass, and their best guys played the vast majority of minutes.

At times, they had 4 guys on the floor 6'6 and taller. Last year they started 5 guys 6'6 and taller. They completely dictated the tempo and rotations of both teams for the whole game.

They dominated the #2 team in the conference and region. I'm not sure how their coach is still there, but i've been impressed every time i've watched them play. There is good basketball and good coaching at all levels but we aren't seeing it from dave.
    preach!!!!

UND beat FW last night. That almost guarantees that FW will pummel us because they will be mad for losing to UND. Looks like backing into the Summit Tourney will all kinds of momentum on our side. "Trust in the process".
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I would disagree with this team being young. Outside of Sam that Kong’s minutes the rest have been in the program and have played plenty of ball. That excuse does not work with me late in the year. First 10 games of the year yes. Not now. Dave can not manage his players . If a player does not have it that night, you sit them . He has two games left and his tenure better be done.
    Ward, Samuelson, Geu, Shahid, Quale, all Juniors. Kreuser, Hunter experienced Sophomores at this point in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonnation06 View Post
    Agree that at this point in the year this team should be able to close out games. Got to stop using the "youth" excuse. I still think defensively the team is not good.

However, Eady did not play last year so he is young as well. Sam is a starter and logs minutes so he does not get a pass at this point. He needs to improve in areas just like everyone else on this team. If he's going to step on the floor in a starter role than he needs to produce as well (no passes).
    The defense is very soft and still less than desired.

As for USD, Craig Smith found a gem in Umude. Avg only 3 pts last season from San Antonio. Dude is very athletic.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Ward, Samuelson, Geu, Shahid, Quale, all Juniors. Kreuser, Hunter experienced Sophomores at this point in the season.
    Where's the experienced seniors? Those are the players that typically make plays and know how to win. You watch the Bison and they are missing that.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    Where's the experienced seniors? Those are the players that typically make plays and know how to win. You watch the Bison and they are missing that.
    They left the program but that can't be on Richman....

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    So how do one and done schools win with only freshman in the starting lineup win? some purple
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

So I guess the team that beat us last night was senior laden? Oh wait, they weren't.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    So I guess the team that beat us last night was senior laden? Oh wait, they weren't.
    But USD is young and cant close out games and win. No young teams should expect to win.