Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Spring Practice

Default Re: 2019 Spring Practice

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Not going for the first time in like 12 years. Why even bother. You small time DII types got your way. Like most everything else the Bison fan experience is throttled down. Great job!
    Say SD, just wondering how. I didn't realize fans had any say in the decisions. If the experience has been "throttled down" because of less contact maybe there is a good reason, like avoiding injuries. We have already lost a very good running back and the "fan experience" isn't worth the risk of losing more players. At least to some of us small time types.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Sounds like Hankey has the inside track at ML so far...

https://www.inforum.com/sports/footb...-in-the-middle
    Small town North Dakota kid. Walk on. Love it.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Sounds like Hankey has the inside track at ML so far...

https://www.inforum.com/sports/footb...-in-the-middle
    Looking forward to seeing the Bison D. And Mr. Hankey!
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    DVRing the spring game. Going to Endgame instead.
    On my Dish guide: Friday 5:30 PM, NBC KFYR, ND F'ing Hawks Spring Game. Bubbles must be excited, almost as much when the NCAA sent them the NC banner.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the Bison D. And Mr. Hankey!
    Just make sure you eat your fiber on Christmas Eve!

I don't know anyone going. 'Member when we had 5000-6000 fans there?

They can still play the game, whistles on the thuds for the 1st half.

2nd half make it 7 on 7 for fun.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I honestly don't know why they can't have a game using the freshmen and sophomores. The starters or even the 2 deep don't have to play there are still plenty of guys to field an offense and defense. Would still be funner watching that then a glorified scrimmage. That and these coaches need the game experience too. Oh well seems like a missed opportunity IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Say SD, just wondering how. I didn't realize fans had any say in the decisions. If the experience has been "throttled down" because of less contact maybe there is a good reason, like avoiding injuries. We have already lost a very good running back and the "fan experience" isn't worth the risk of losing more players. At least to some of us small time types.
    I am referring to the no mention of tailgate before spring game. It is so terrible fans would want to gather and enjoy this event regardless if they don't have a true game anymore. I know coaches decide that - duh. As for the event buzz kill, pun intended, the DII people at NDSU just can't envision making spring game an all around event for fans like many FBS programs do. NDSU did mention tailgate for a couple years, but last several no mention. Now a Friday night spring game too. Maybe just coaches decision on that move, but who knows.

I am referring to the no mention of tailgate before spring game. It is so terrible fans would want to gather and enjoy this event regardless if they don't have a true game anymore. I know coaches decide that - duh. As for the event buzz kill, pun intended, the DII people at NDSU just can't envision making spring game an all around event for fans like many FBS programs do. NDSU did mention tailgate for a couple years, but last several no mention. Now a Friday night spring game too. Maybe just coaches decision on that move, but who knows.
    The only mention I saw about tailgating was once on twitter by the NDSU Teammakers account. I'm thinking they are intentionally not mentioning it anywhere else...maybe using that as reasoning for not having as much security? Just guessing here.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't mind changes. I just wish they would tell us the reasons for the changes. I believe the reason was to free up the major part of the weekend for the players and coaches, but don't know that for sure. Along with potentially freeing up the FargoDome for a different event on Saturday/Sunday. I can't go on Friday due to coaching responsibilities this year and couldn't last year either, but could go on Saturday.

The one thing I don't like is whenever there is a change it's automatically called DII. If you don't like a change why not instead talk to the guy in charge and see what the reasons are for it.