Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Spring Practice

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2019 Spring Practice

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    I didn't see Ben Ellefson either on the field or on the sidelines and that concerned me a bit.

Punter struggled, but the place kickers (including the new guy from Ohio) looked very good.

Jasir Cox made a great hit near the end of the scrimmage.
    Did Garrett Wagner struggle? Or one of the other punters? Garrett was all-conference last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Anyone that went and was able to actually watch the event have any info they'd like to share? As the production was ashit show
    Evans and Ogbu look physically intimidating on the DL. Ogbu getting lots of coaching on technique. I'd watch for both of these guys to make an impact this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    Did Garrett Wagner struggle? Or one of the other punters? Garrett was all-conference last year.
    Yeah...don't remember seeing any punts that looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Anyone that went and was able to actually watch the event have any info they'd like to share? As the production was ashit show
    The best part was watching last year's seniors posing for a photo with their rings once practice got going.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/som...ng-ball-notes/

Izzo confirms Moore is off the football team but still playing track.
    I am old enough to remember when John Bodine competed in both football and track in the 1980s. He was all-conference in football and multi-All American in track.

John Bodine - Class of 1987 - Bison Athletic Hall of Fame - North Dakota State

Induction Class of 2005
    Men's Track & Field
    Only North Central Conference athlete in history to win three different events four straight years (200 meters, long jump and 400 meter relay)...Two-time NCC Athlete of the Meet (1983, 1986)...Scored 258 points in eight NCC meets...Captured 12 individual NCC championships and ran on five more championship relay teams during a standout track & field career...Seven-time NCAA Division II All-American in the long jump, 200 meters and 400-meter relay from 1983-86...NCAA Postgraduate Scholarship winner in 1986...Earned CoSIDA Academic All-America honors in 1986...Three-time Academic All-NCC selection...Finalist for the 1986 NCC Stan Marshall Award...Won four outdoor crowns in both the long jump and 200 meters in the NCC, and captured three indoor long jump championships and one 300 meters crown...Also a member of four straight 400- meter relay NCC champions outdoors and one 1600 meter relay title team indoors...Finished third in the outdoor long jump nationally as both a junior and senior...NCAA runner-up in the indoor long jump as a junior...Still holds the school outdoor mark in the 200 (:20.23) and long jump (25-11)...Also part of record holding indoor 1,600 meter relay team and outdoor 400 and 800-meter relay teams...Held the NCC record in the 200 meters until 2004 when NDSU’s Allen Burrell broke the mark...Graduated from NDSU in 1986 with a bachelor’s degree in business administration...Earned MBA from the University of Minnesota’s Carlson School of Management in 1988...Six-time Minnesota state champion in track & field at Barnesville (Minn.) High School in 1981 and 1982...Set 25 meet records during senior year including four at districts, four at regions and three at state...His Minnesota state long jump mark still stands as the Class A record...Scored 968 points during prep track & field career...All-conference selection in football after leading the league in punting and receiving yards...Senior vice-president for the investment bank Houlihan Lokey Howard & Zukin since 2004...Worked as a financial consultant at American Appraisal Associates in Minneapolis from 1988 to 1993 before joining Valuation Counselors in Chicago as a managing director...Currently resides in Geneva, Ill., with his wife, Kelly, and two children, Maggie (9) and Jack (8).

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    That was a waste of time watching. As stated before not sure why they showed the announcers most the show and when they did show plays they just zoomed in on the qb.
    Yeah I’m trying to watch it now off of my DVR and have to say I’m struggling with it a bit. I’ve kinda seen more field goal kicks than anything so far and they zoom in on the kicker like he robbed a convenience store and are looking for his identity. Well at least there is Pro Seed!!! Sorry to bring this little rant up after some had already done so but man this is bad.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Spring game 2014 !!!

https://youtu.be/9IQnYId2OTg

Now THAT was enjoyable!

2017 Spring game schedule of events (yes, a few changes in 2 yrs)

C07BCDE3-9769-4256-A989-BD22E1BA4D07.jpg (That’s probably too small, but it included the Bison Showcase & many activities!)
    When I glanced back, 2018 was the first year they did not have an autograph session. They had something for the youth.
    2015, 2016, and 2017 they had the Autograph session and many activities. We always enjoyed the Showcase!
    Last edited by bisonfanette; 04-30-2019 at 04:43 AM.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Spring game 2014 !!!

Now THAT was enjoyable!
    I worked that Spring game! I made a couple appearances in the background starting at about 40 seconds. Fun experience I hope to do again.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I worked that Spring game! I made a couple appearances in the background starting at about 40 seconds. Fun experience I hope to do again.
    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Spring game 2014 !!!

Now THAT was enjoyable!

2017 Spring game schedule of events (yes, a few changes in 2 yrs)

C07BCDE3-9769-4256-A989-BD22E1BA4D07.jpg (That’s probably too small, but it included the Bison Showcase & many activities!)
    When I glanced back, 2018 was the first year they did not have an autograph session. They had something for the youth.
    2015, 2016, and 2017 they had the Autograph session and many activities. We always enjoyed the Showcase!
    I asked about the showcase. I was told TM didn’t even know we could tailgate until middle of the week. Basically, marketing needs to step it up.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans