Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Spring Practice

Default Re: 2019 Spring Practice

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer63 View Post
    Coaches say it's totally undecided until fall camp. My guess would be Lance or Noland, with the edge going to Lance because he has been around the Bison organization for a season.... but????
    Lance has the edge because of the dual threat imho. So much harder to defend.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

I see it as his to lose.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

If we go back to a more pure west coast offense a dual threat QB loses a lot of that edge and I could see us doing that under Roehl.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Not a thing, coaches don't want it to risk injury for a team that's plays into Jan every year. How many more games have we played this decade then SDSU?
    I understand that... but in the recent past, they had vendors inside the dome etc. in addition to tailgating & the game/scrimmage. It’s just quiet.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think the year under Stick’s wing learning the playbook is more of an edge. Who knows really on how this pans out. Let’s just keep winning titles please.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    If we go back to a more pure west coast offense a dual threat QB loses a lot of that edge and I could see us doing that under Roehl.
    What we have been doing has worked pretty well I would hate for anyone to screw it up.

P.S. I don't like change.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    What we have been doing has worked pretty well I would hate for anyone to screw it up.

P.S. I don't like change.
    Bring back the veer!

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Bring back the veer!

Walter Camp's 1882 T formation or nothing.

Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Do you really think we have the wide receiver core to run a west coast style? And I'm not dissing our WR's... but right up until Wilson got hurt, the talk was that we were unproven and lacked depth in our WR group. We even moved DJ Stewart from RB to WR to try and shore up some depth. I just think our guys fit better into the ground and pound style... force the defense to load the box, then pick away at the gaps that leaves in the secondary.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer63 View Post
    Do you really think we have the wide receiver core to run a west coast style? And I'm not dissing our WR's... but right up until Wilson got hurt, the talk was that we were unproven and lacked depth in our WR group. We even moved DJ Stewart from RB to WR to try and shore up some depth. I just think our guys fit better into the ground and pound style... force the defense to load the box, then pick away at the gaps that leaves in the secondary.
    Well, I believe we have the receivers to run a west coast style if we use all our receivers, including our TE's and running backs. West coast is quick reads with the ball coming out fast to get the ball into your playmakers hands in open space. Part of my question comes from the recent interest in small, quick running backs we seem to be targeting. IMO, those types of backs are going to do well in an offense that gets them the ball quickly on swing passes rather than pounding them between the tackles. Just an observation of a noticeable change in some of our running back recruits makes me wonder if Roehl will bring back those portions of our offense he ran as a player and that we ran so effectively when Walker was our QB.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck