Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Spring Practice

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2019 Spring Practice

You don’t move your most well-rounded rb to a new position just because. Plus I’d argue we have 3 RB’s that will carry the brunt of the load. Brooks is more of a gimmicky type player who is fun to watch but susceptible to injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    You don’t move your most well-rounded rb to a new position just because. Plus I’d argue we have 3 RB’s that will carry the brunt of the load. Brooks is more of a gimmicky type player who is fun to watch but susceptible to injury.

Moving Wilson to WR is on par with the suggestion to move Cox there last season.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post

Gimmicky?? He was our best rb last year, just too light to be an every down back.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Actually, I was thinking a similar thought but with Zac Johnson. Radunz has an OT body, ZJ does not. I was thinking that moving ZJ inside would give the Bison a dominate blocker inside and perhaps remove his annoying illegal motion penalties. To me Cordell Volson has more of an OT type body and agility and might not cost the offense so many yards.
    I agree--Zach had penalities in last several games too last year

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    Gimmicky?? He was our best rb last year, just too light to be an every down back.
    Think gimmicky was just a poor choice of words to describe not being an every down type back. Change of pace would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    Gimmicky is probably not the correct term but a limited touches kind of back. 5-8 a game. Not a 15 plus a game for the whole season.

Bison coaches want to keep players 'uncomfortable' in spring practice
    https://www.inforum.com/sports/footb...pring-practice
    From the Forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    If they're willing to shift guys like radunz around on the line in order to get their best 5 out there as had been said, I'm sure they'd move Wilson around if it helped the team. Trust the coaches, not your hot takes. Also, amazing got for a team with soooooooo many running back last year we had very few healthy ones going into the end of the season. Seems like we needed them
    Radunz will stay at LT. Can bank on that.

Not sure I love this “uncomfortable” stuff. Let’s hope that was just a small part of one practice. I’m all for cross training o lineman, but Radunz, Johnson and Volson don’t need to snap ever.

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    Not sure I love this “uncomfortable” stuff. Let’s hope that was just a small part of one practice. I’m all for cross training o lineman, but Radunz, Johnson and Volson don’t need to snap ever.
    Definitely a new philosophy, at least one they have been preaching to the media.