Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Spring Practice

Default Re: 2019 Spring Practice

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    When hardcore fans like me skip out 2 years in a row and forgot it was on TV and never saw a snap, that's the epitome of being disengaged and disinterested. We used to tailgate and never missed it
    Same here.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    When hardcore fans like me skip out 2 years in a row and forgot it was on TV and never saw a snap, that's the epitome of being disengaged and disinterested. We used to tailgate and never missed it
    All you missed on tv was the announcers taking. It was pathetic, barely showed any of the plays

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don’t mind the talking just as long as they are showing what is going on on the field. Preferably zoomed out a bit so people can see what’s going on. Nobody cares what the commentators are wearing or look like.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by PlainsBison View Post
    One thing I wish. If they made a fundamental change in marketing/fan engagement, then tell us fans about the change(s) and the why. Then we could better understand.
    Swanson went to the foundation and they hired a new person for fan engagement
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Well, I would encourage the department to gather input from fans (poll, focus group, whatever), take that information, analyze it, develop recommendations, present results to fans, implement plan. Or maybe they are okay with everything.

Well, I would encourage the department to gather input from fans (poll, focus group, whatever), take that information, analyze it, develop recommendations, present results to fans, implement plan. Or maybe they are okay with everything.
    Here's my top 3 priorities for them to focus on:

1) Win championships
    2) Win championships
    3) Win championships

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Here's my top 3 priorities for them to focus on:

1) Win championships
    2) Win championships
    3) Win championships
    So, you’re saying we should make our own fun?
    We should be able to handle that
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    So, you’re saying we should make our own fun?
    We should be able to handle that
    I think pretty much everybody would be happy if they did the spring "whatever it is" on a Saturday at 4:00 and opened up tailgating from 10;30 until 3;30. And if KVLY would show the plays and have the announcers talk in the background instead of just showing 4 guys talking for and hour and a half. And if the players wanted to throw in an autograph signing for kids under 12 on the morning of, it couldn't hurt. There... I fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer63 View Post
    I think pretty much everybody would be happy if they did the spring "whatever it is" on a Saturday at 4:00 and opened up tailgating from 10;30 until 3;30. And if KVLY would show the plays and have the announcers talk in the background instead of just showing 4 guys talking for and hour and a half. And if the players wanted to throw in an autograph signing for kids under 12 on the morning of, it couldn't hurt. There... I fixed it.
    One more step. Tell the athletic department and KVLY.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer63 View Post
    I think in their minds they are "fixing it" because this is their solution \/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    They might be easing out of the spring game business...
    I know the coaches view the spring game as a nuisance and I'm guessing that had a lot to do with how hamstrung KVLY was with showing the on field action (purely a guess on my part). I would also guess that in 5 years there won't be any kind of public scrimmage at the end of spring ball anymore. By making it less and less of an event they'll ease the shock of when they eventually don't have it anymore. This is a surely a foolproof plan and I'm sure there will be little to no bitching on Bisonville about it when/if it does happen.