Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Spring Practice

Default Re: 2019 Spring Practice

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Some of what Entz is doing may be questionable but giving Cox some experience in the middle is a good idea IMO.
    Hes not learning the middle. Hes learning the will spot as outside. Last year he was the sam

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Hes not learning the middle. Hes learning the will spot as outside. Last year he was the sam
    I think they have JC taking reps at the Will just in case AM isn’t ready then the next best rotation is JB at the Sam and JC at the Will. Brilliant coaching if u ask me. Best 11 on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    My mistake but the sentiment is the same. He showed in high school that he could play a number of positions and he will do fine with this one.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    That’s all fine and good, but this doesn’t seem like the time or team. You do that stuff with veteran teams and coaching staffs that have been in place for years. We have neither. Pretty sure guys like Cox and Radunz are motivated to better themselves because if they do, millions of dollars will come in the NFL. The majority of the team is fighting for playing time. Last year, I could understand complacency being an issue. This year I just don’t see it being relevant.
    Cox, Radunz, and Zack Johnson are experienced players with a redshirt season. Having them learn multiple positions or even learning a new one helps them develop (improving NFL stock), allows us get other quality players on the field, and allows us to keep them on the field during injury.

Chris Board and Nick DeLuca learning multiple positions allowed Jabril to see the field

Cox has the body type and athleticism to be Travis Beck good on the other side. He also could be a great middle linebacker during nickel downs. Teams will start to figure him out if we dont make changes to the way were using him now
    Last edited by HerdBot; 04-01-2019 at 02:38 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Plus beside the injury benefit of having more depth, with Jabril it offers the opportunity to move him around and make the opposing QB account for him. He is that good that they will want to know where he is when they come to line. Keeps the opposing O coordinator on his toes.

Practicing multiple positions is a good thing. Never know when someone will go down either.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Plus beside the injury benefit of having more depth, with Jabril it offers the opportunity to move him around and make the opposing QB account for him. He is that good that they will want to know where he is when they come to line. Keeps the opposing O coordinator on his toes.
    This is the biggest benefit in my eyes for jabril, offenses just kept splitting him out wide on slot recievers to get him away from the ball. Limiting his production

Mods, would u ban this fucking loser troll already? Trying to have an honest discussion...
    My guess is that he WAS being honest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That’s all fine and good, but this doesn’t seem like the time or team. You do that stuff with veteran teams and coaching staffs that have been in place for years. We have neither. Pretty sure guys like Cox and Radunz are motivated to better themselves because if they do, millions of dollars will come in the NFL. The majority of the team is fighting for playing time. Last year, I could understand complacency being an issue. This year I just don’t see it being relevant.
    I'd like to think the coaching staff knows which players to challenge with this uncomfortable thing, and which players are not ready. Something with Entz and his transparency that I've enjoyed so far, is naming some names on guys that need to improve. I don't view it as throwing anyone under the bus, but simply telling fans and media what we want to know. If the game needs to slow down for someone like Ogbu, I'm fairly certain he is focusing on D end and not anything else. The upper classmen like Dillon, Jabril, Zach and Ben...those guys are into their 3rd, 4th or even 5th spring balls. I like this idea of switching things up for them, and frankly from what I'm hearing they do to.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    My guess is that he WAS being honest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I don't think it is a guess. It encapsulates the mindset of their program. tony made this point a few months ago. NDSU came into the Valley, saw UNI and Youngstown and knew we needed to get better to be competitive. The UN_ view is that their only hope is for the Bison to get worse.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix