Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What game/season hooked you on Bison football?

Default Re: What game/season hooked you on Bison football?

The Troy game

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Started in 1983 as a 10-year-old while listening to the natty ice fishing on Devils Lake. My aunt worked in the NDSU athletic dept. I am eternally grateful for her guidance in choosing the gold standard! First game attendance must have been ‘84 and went to several including Dacotah playoff games and UND from 87-97.
    Last edited by CalBison97; 02-26-2019 at 06:08 PM.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

I'm a bit like TAB, got hooked in the 80's which was an easy time for that to happen. Since I lived in the way North with WDAZ, I remember having to stay up until 11 PM on Sundays to watch the Rocky Hager show which was my only way to see extended highlights of the games.

However, I drifted away a bit, after college as it was just D2 football; hard to be the serious about when living in the big city (MSP) at the time. (BTW, I still was at a game just about every year.....) But, like Gabe, that '06 Gopher game "sealed the deal" as I fully grasped for the first time what was actually possible. Have been a complete nut case ever since.

I wouldn't say any one game hooked me. Went to a lot of the games during the mid to late 80's as a kid. I can remember listening to Bison games on the radio before that even. As a kid growing up in Fargo it was the Bison or bust.

Some home game in 1983. I don't even know who we were playing... but the stands were booming.

Minnesota 2006. I went from moderately interested to fanatical over the course of 3hrs. Life altering day for me lol
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Northern Michigan, September 10, 1988. My very first Bison game in person. I just remember being awe of the game setting at Dakota Field. Of course with a listed game attendance of 18,200 who wouldn't be in awe lol.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

I'm a junior in high school in the fall of 1968; my brother is a freshman at NDSU. I went to Fargo to visit him one weekend in September. The Bison were playing at Dakotah Field that Saturday afternoon (don't remember who the opponent was). I've been following Bison fortunes ever since.

New Hampshire game 2013

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Went to several games in the 80's at Dakota Field. Spent most of the time running around playing football with other kids in the NW corner by the evergreen trees. Born and raised a Bison fan. While I really only have vague memories of being there since I was pretty young, I point to '93 when the Dome opened that I really took ownership of becoming a Bison fan.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1