Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: What game/season hooked you on Bison football?

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What game/season hooked you on Bison football?

Quote Originally Posted by #1BISONFAN ASHLEY View Post
    I was at many games before this one, but the one that keeps sticking out to me was the SHSU game in '07. I was 12 at the time, and when Sam Houston went up right at the end, I remember my friends packing up to leave right there. I made them stay the rest of the game and said do not give up hope. I'm sure they were glad I told them to stay.
    That was a great game! I think I was on an official visit as a high school senior pretty near front row of students section. It was awesome. Place blew up.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    That was a great game! I think I was on an official visit as a high school senior pretty near front row of students section. It was awesome. Place blew up.
    Rhett Bomer was a Sooner transfer and was a dude in that game---358 yards passing, 103 rushing and 4 TD's. He went on to have a cup of coffee with the Giants, Vikings, and Raiders.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Rhett Bomer was a Sooner transfer and was a dude in that game---358 yards passing, 103 rushing and 4 TD's. He went on to have a cup of coffee with the Giants, Vikings, and Raiders.
    He really was great in that game. But so was the game winning catch on the sideline!!! Hail the bison

Quote Originally Posted by #1BISONFAN ASHLEY View Post
    I was at many games before this one, but the one that keeps sticking out to me was the SHSU game in '07. I was 12 at the time, and when Sam Houston went up right at the end, I remember my friends packing up to leave right there. I made them stay the rest of the game and said do not give up hope. I'm sure they were glad I told them to stay.
    That 2007 team holds a special place in my heart. Steve Walker is still my favorite Bison QB. What they were able to accomplish that season was special. I remember hearing rumors about a possible bowl invite if they were to finish undefeated, but then they lost a heart-breaker to SDSU to close the season. What a great squad!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueKeyAlum View Post
    I was in the gold star marching band in 1984 so attended a lot of the home games. I quit the gold start marching band in 1985 but didn't quit Bison Football even when I lived in Omaha, Cheney, Missoula, Klamath Falls, Lewiston (ID), Boise and Bend (OR)
    Similar for me. GSMB from 94-99. Didn't care about FB for most of that, but became a drum major for 98 & 99. Needed to learn the game at least somewhat to do a good job. Then the early DI success convinced me it was good for the university, so I became an actual fan after that.

I am going to date myself, but we played a playoff game in the snow at Dacotah field in lots of snow. I was little guy, and I loved how everyone in the stands wore camo and blaze orange. The linemen were tough because they did not wear coats or sleeves. I wanted to be like them. I am going to say this was in the early 90s.
    Also, I was brought up... Sioux Suck and they still do

Most memborable game in the Dome was Steve Walker vs Sam Houston. We went 80 yards in like 23 seconds to win.
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer