Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: What game/season hooked you on Bison football?

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What game/season hooked you on Bison football?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    In college, both were heavyweights. I believe back then heavyweight was still unlimited as Tab Thacker competed around this time. In Freestyle, Severn and Banach were 100 KG (220 LBS) wrestlers while Baumgartner was in the unlimited weight class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In high school what was 180lb, light heavy weight. what did they call it?
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    In high school what was 180lb, light heavy weight. what did they call it?
    They called it "thread drift".
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Since 2000, I'd say that the first Minnesota game got things going again...even though we lost. And the 2003 Montana game was also a big one for the program.

These two games combined to get my interest again, after a rather dull decade or more.

There were some great players leading up to 2003...but the teams lacked something generally. My interest had waned some. I was interested...but not fanatical.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Started paying attention to Bison FB in the early 80's. I remember watching the games against the Sioux that were televised. Listened to the '83 championship game on the radio. Moved to Fargo in '84 and went to games at Dacotah Field. Had season tickets shortly after the Dome opened.

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    They called it "thread drift".
    Sorry, I rarely find a person that has wrestled at the high school level & then went on to the collage level. I got sidetracked again.

Some of GSCs best offensive linemen were wrestlers, back in the day, when we ran the triple option and used cut blocking.

Down low & into the legs.
    Last edited by GSUsTALON; 03-02-2019 at 09:32 PM.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Quote Originally Posted by North End Zone Resident View Post
    The year we beat Cal Poly San Luis Obispo in the playoffs. Memory is a little foggy, but I think that's the year the football team was sent home for Thanksgiving break as there was no way we were going to make the playoffs, until all the right teams lost in the final week of the regular season. Anyway, I believe we backed into the playoffs, and then won the National Championship.....I was hooked

Correction: We beat Cal Davis the year we got into the playoffs late (I had to fire up the old VCR and watch "100 years of Tradition" to find out the answer. Tape is in remarkably good shape)

What year did we play Cal Poly SLO in the playoffs? Or am I not remembering correctly.
    Played them in ‘88. My senior year. May have played them again later.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Season opener in the Fall of 1970 against Eastern Michigan. 14-14 tie. If my memory is still any good, EM had a minority kick returner that gave us trouble all night. I believe we had a group of frat boys that night that initiated a terribly racist chant towards this fellow and got their house in a world of shit as a result. So, almost 50 years as a Bison fan.
    Damn, I'm Good!

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

OK, I'll date myself. My first Bison game was watching Paul Hatchett in the late 60's.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    OK, I'll date myself. My first Bison game was watching Paul Hatchett in the late 60's.

I'll date myself also; the very first time I watched the Bison wasn't in person, but on the TV. Early, early 60's, Bison/Whioux game; Errol Mann was the kicker for the undies.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Played them in ‘88. My senior year. May have played them again later.

CAS- actually we played CS Sacramento in 88’. Cal Poly in 90’.