Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What game/season hooked you on Bison football?

Default Re: What game/season hooked you on Bison football?

Quote Originally Posted by North End Zone Resident View Post
    The year we beat Cal Poly San Luis Obispo in the playoffs. Memory is a little foggy, but I think that's the year the football team was sent home for Thanksgiving break as there was no way we were going to make the playoffs, until all the right teams lost in the final week of the regular season. Anyway, I believe we backed into the playoffs, and then won the National Championship.....I was hooked

Correction: We beat Cal Davis the year we got into the playoffs late (I had to fire up the old VCR and watch "100 years of Tradition" to find out the answer. Tape is in remarkably good shape)

What year did we play Cal Poly SLO in the playoffs? Or am I not remembering correctly.
    NDSU beat Cal Poly in the Quarterfinals of the 1990 playoffs by a score of 47-0.
    Hail the BISON!!!

1982...semifinal game against uc davis I believe Ken Obrien was there qb........1983...full season to now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    NDSU beat Cal Poly in the Quarterfinals of the 1990 playoffs by a score of 47-0.
    Thank you. I was way off, amazing how the years start to blend together!

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Cal Poly players were literally frozen on the sidelines. My memory remembers they were all huddled around the heater the whole second half. In their defense the southside at Dacotah field sucked with the shade and wind while the north side had the sun and no wind. Seemed like a 50 degree difference.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Have you seen the video of it?
    No, think I've only seen short snippets of it.

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    We are talking about the same game. GSU1 and GSU2 on bisonville is in reference to those semi final games. The last had so much extra drama associated with it since it was GSU's last game in FCS. Then to top it off, your coach brings out his players early to disrupt the NDSU tunnel walk cranking up the atmosphere to 11. It had all the makings of a heavyweight tilt, good times.
    What was HC Monken's reason for the dispute to the NDSU Tunnel walk. Never heard the story. Would love to know.

I think the first time we played you was in Statesboro when you were in D2. It was the second and 3rd time we played NDSU that you were FCS. The only game I liked was the 3rd, but we still lost all 3.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    What was HC Monken's reason for dispute to the NDSU Tunnel walk. Never heard the story.

I think the first time we played you was in Statesboro when you were in D2. It was the second and 3rd time we played NDSU that you were FCS. The only game I liked was the 3rd, but we still lost all 3.
    Drove from Atlanta to Statesboro with an NDSU staff member in June of that year.....scouting the facilities and area accomodations for the upcoming game. Beautiful setting.

What was HC Monken's reason for dispute to the NDSU Tunnel walk. Never heard the story.

GSU just came out before the lights came on. Most teams wait until after NDSU comes out and the lights come back on. Guess it showed they weren't intimidated by the team or the atmosphere.

In the end, it was the perfect start to the game the way everything played out. I'll never forget Drew Ruggles wanted to swim with the sharks.

What was HC Monken's reason for the dispute to the NDSU Tunnel walk. Never heard the story. Would love to know.

We were FCS for all three...the first game was in our probationary period...2006, the van gorder year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Drove from Atlanta to Statesboro with an NDSU staff member in June of that year.....scouting the facilities and area accomodations for the upcoming game. Beautiful setting.
    You would be talking our first game when NDSU played us as a D2 team and beat us. That HC wanted to transform us into a passing team using Option players. I think that loss sealed his fate
    so the loss wasn't all bad for GSU.

The stadium you saw then has been highly updated from 18,000 seats to by adding on a second tear and new 55+ Sq, Ft. football facility in the east end zone and a true big screen.

They did a great job.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...on_Stadium.jpg
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison